• just a thought on Mercer

#16547  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:47 pm
we know they are going to test our DBs and pass D - here is who was out as PUBLIC knowledge yesterday. ( various sources like Scott Keeler tweet, etc)

credit to Jackal ---
Maples RB / Austin Jones was out /

Amir Trapp started and played most of the first half, but Cally Chizik played most of the second half and returned punts. Trapp ?

Didn't see Weems.
--

that's BOTH our two starting corners and one of the backup safeties who is good (Jones). not that it's too many injuries - rather it's heavy at one position.

Wish the best health for all these guys and hope to see them back soon !!! (esp Mercer )
 #16551  by AstroDin
 Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:44 pm
Have you ever thought that -- 'Mercer has to face Furman's offense?'

And that we will test the Bears defense.

And that Grainger no doubt will be a concern for every SoCon foe? It's a two-way street.
DeepPurple, dornb liked this
 #16552  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:01 pm
AstroDin wrote:

And that Grainger no doubt will be a concern for every SoCon foe? It's a two-way street.
oh sure - I get it. it was a two-way street w Georgia State who is supposed to be a bad sun belt team. And I think they are .500 Sunbelt at best. They faced our O, we faced theirs, we lost ... I get it

simply put, but would you rather face Mercer with Weems and Trapp or without - both starting CBs? last year with a BACKUP THIRD STRING QB at mercer we escaped 35-30. shootout. this year they are loaded for bear. Sure I am really encouraged by our O. big time ! but why not want our full D too ?
 #16555  by AstroDin
 Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:02 pm
Things happen - if Weems and Trapp don't play - I'll still be at the game cheering for Blackshear, Chizik, and Brinson.
And come off the GSU is a.500 Sun Belt team at best - you have no idea.
 #16558  by youwouldno
 Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:34 pm
gofurman wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

oh sure - I get it. it was a two-way street w Georgia State who is supposed to be a bad sun belt team. And I think they are .500 Sunbelt at best. They faced our O, we faced theirs, we lost ... I get it

simply put, but would you rather face Mercer with Weems and Trapp or without - both starting CBs? last year with a BACKUP THIRD STRING QB at mercer we escaped 35-30. shootout. this year they are loaded for bear. Sure I am really encouraged by our O. big time ! but why not want our full D too ?
Are you suggesting there are Furman fans here that like seeing Furman players hurt? That's just complete gibberish. No one on here can magically heal someone. If a player is hurt, the next guy just has to step up. It's a team game. No amount of going on and on about it is going to change the medical status of any players.
 #16559  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:39 pm
youwouldno wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:34 pm
gofurman wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

Are you suggesting there are Furman fans here that like seeing Furman players hurt? That's just complete gibberish. No one on here can magically heal someone. If a player is hurt, the next guy just has to step up. It's a team game. No amount of going on and on about it is going to change the medical status of any players.
no way. surely not. but Astro said - AND I QUOTE - "Mercer has to face Furman's offense ... ITS A TWO WAY STREET" and I was noting that exact set up didn't work out vs GSU. They faced our "two way street" and we see how that worked. That's why I hope either or both of Weems / Trapp are back.

I am really hoping we have everyone back for Mercer

No way would Astro or anyone want our guys hurt. not a chance
 #16561  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:43 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:02 pm
Things happen - if Weems and Trapp don't play - I'll still be at the game cheering for Blackshear, Chizik, and Brinson.
And come off the GSU is a.500 Sun Belt team at best - you have no idea.
I suspect it based on the D I saw yesterday. It’s a little rude to tell me “I have no idea”. Just not good board etiquette there Astro