• FURMAN-GSU Game thread

#16463  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:47 pm
Zero pass rush. Just wait for someone to get open. 5 straight TD's for GSU.
 #16465  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:47 pm
" This game in not even worth discussing anymore fellas, we killed this GA ST. team, then the refs took over, made it a completely bogus game, end of story "

yes, refs may have sucked but you win or lose w players - and coaches. and we made some mistakes underestimating ellington w a 3 man rush. they got lucky w horrible call on last play of first half pass to 5 yd line and they broke both tackles (our fault) and they got a td. if we tackkle they got nothing there - we have to make those tackles

other thoughts. They do seem to be getting stronger as game goes on. one thing we are playing lots of guys but i thought we were supposed to be super conditioned - we have tons of players on d cramping

*Jackal know a lot and more than me .. but wanting to play an offense like western carolina is a mistake - i was trying to push this all week. the ESPN guy just said we are in a track meet. we often are when we play passing teams
Last edited by gofurman on Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #16477  by I-85 Paladin
 Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:37 pm
Feel confident going into SOCON comp but really think coaching staff made some poor choices in play calling on O and we need a better plan for getting pass rush on D. This was a missed opportunity imo. Still we looked overall good and D did have a lot of guys needing medical attention so maybe that was a factor. Go 'Dins.
Jasper liked this
 #16481  by din23
 Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:42 pm
I feel great about the potential for the rest of the season. Granger and the rest of the offense looked fantastic. Sure, the double pass was ill-timed since our regular offense was moving, but overall, great game.

The Defense was shredded in the last three quarters. Lots of room for improvement.

The best part was that I saw ZERO QUIT in our team tonight. We're going to have lots of Ws in 2019.
I-85 Paladin liked this