• Jonathan Jean transferring

#1565  by fufanatic
 Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:12 am
paladinfan12 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:08 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:17 am
So it sounds like Jonathan will take classes at Furman through the summer, transfer to a DII school for a year to play hoops, and then come back to Furman to finish his degree. I've never heard of such a situation, but it sure says a lot about him, the Furman coaches and the program that all that can be worked out, there's no hard feelings and it's a win-win for Jonathan in that he gets to play and still graduate from Furman. Awesome answer to a tough situation.
That is an odd situation. I wonder if the school will bill him tuition for the year he comes back to Furman.
One would think right? Unless for that final year at Furman he's a team manager or something else team related where he's not on scholarship as a player, but is getting paid like a grad assistant maybe, thus free classes.
 #1571  by tim
 Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:54 pm
Did something similar happen with Cheesoruogh (sp). Sorry to Butcher the spelling but I just can't remember. I know he stayed for a year off the team but actually ended up at USC Aiken maybe?
 #1670  by s60
 Thu May 03, 2018 1:52 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:15 pm
Jon Jean will play at Lenoir-Rhyne next year for former Hillcrest HS star Everick Sullivan.
Hillcrest, where he teamed with Hal Henderson and Bruce Evans.

I still remember this dunk by Sullivan when he was playing at Louisville:

#1676  by furpop16
 Thu May 03, 2018 10:59 pm
Upon his return to Furman and obtaining his degree, will he still be considered a “transfer”? Else I see it as quite a recruiting point that the only interruption to FU’s streak is still on track to earn his degree.
fufanatic liked this