• Coverage

#15635  by The Jackal
 Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:13 pm
I mean, I wouldn't call that article "good." It basically just parrots Clay Hendrix's interview off youtube after the scrimmage. Almost verbatim.
 #15636  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:25 pm
Guys honestly, I don't see how the G-news matters much, no to far off from now all these small newspapers will be dead, I am surprised its even lasted this long at this point
fupaladin01 liked this
 #15640  by apaladin
 Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:13 pm
I mean, I wouldn't call that article "good." It basically just parrots Clay Hendrix's interview off youtube after the scrimmage. Almost verbatim.
As far as Coach Hendrix comments you are correct. I thought the same thing as I was reading it. Just shows to get any coverage you have to put it out there. Agree with Dungeon, yes the G-News is becoming more and more irrelevant.
 #15641  by Flagman
 Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:11 pm
The G-News can no longer be the principle source of information on the Paladins. This site, furmanpaladins.com, Scott Keeler's site have to be primary for true fans. That being said, furmanpaladins.com has to do better. A good summary article and stats.
QCGlue liked this
 #15649  by gofurman
 Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:58 pm
Sure. But why not TV? That matters. Kids still see TV. And if Wofford is on there why not FU ?
 #15674  by fufanatic
 Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:31 am
gofurman wrote:
Sure. But why not TV? That matters. Kids still see TV. And if Wofford is on there why not FU ?
I think less people than you think watch the local news. Not saying it's not valuable to get some local coverage, but I bet the under 35 and probably more likely the under 50 market share is pretty small. And I can't imagine any high schoolers are unless it's for the Friday night high school highlights. I'm not a marketing person by a long shot, but I think social media ads, a strong social media presence, marketing at local bars and restaurants and capitalizing on potentially viral moments (like baseball walk-off, basketball buzzer beater moments apart, beating Nova, Lyons vs. NGU) are far more valuable than a practice report on the athletics website, a poorly done article in the local newspaper or a 30-second spot on the local TV station.
gman, fupaladin01 liked this
 #15676  by gman
 Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:40 am
gofurman wrote:
Because very few watch the news. WYFF is a joke. They try to fill up 2 1/2 hours covering news events from everywhere but the Upstate. Their sports coverage is nothing but Clemson, The Panthers and car racing, which is not even a real sport.
fupaladin01, MNORM liked this
 #15677  by cavedweller2
 Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:46 am
Free tickets and sell $1.00 drafts at the stadium and we still wont come close to capacity.

Its just the way it is.
gman liked this
 #15678  by apaladin
 Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:11 pm
gman wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:40 am
gofurman wrote:
Because very few watch the news. WYFF is a joke. They try to fill up 2 1/2 hours covering news events from everywhere but the Upstate. Their sports coverage is nothing but Clemson, The Panthers and car racing, which is not even a real sport.
I think you may be underselling channel 4 just because of what you said. CU and CP fans probably watch religiously because they need to know when Dabo goes to the restroom and what is Cam's latest hotdogging move. I think Flagman is correct, the official page needs to do a better job of getting info out.
 #15680  by Affirm
 Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:02 pm
Do people (those who care) think that our social media communication is robust enough and appropriately targeted? If not, why is that, and what needs to be done to improve significantly? More staff and staff working more smartly? At the other end of the spectrum, even though I mostly dislike billboards greatly, should we do a lot more with modern (digital) billboards (for general publicity more specific than most of the social media messages and info)?
 #15685  by Flagman
 Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:33 pm
I'm not knowledgeable in the ways of Twitter or Snapchat. When I reactivated my Twitter account recently, it's filled with tweets that I'm not interested in. Like I said earlier, I need training so that I can limit what I see to what I want to see. I don't want to see tweets from John Doe about his cats.
 #15687  by gman
 Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:11 pm
Flagman wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:33 pm
I'm not knowledgeable in the ways of Twitter or Snapchat. When I reactivated my Twitter account recently, it's filled with tweets that I'm not interested in. Like I said earlier, I need training so that I can limit what I see to what I want to see. I don't want to see tweets from John Doe about his cats.
You can easily block the individuals or businesses you don't want. Let me know if you need any help getting that done.