• Roster update

#15422  by gofurman
 Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:32 pm
Paul C wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:57 pm
Lawrence or Lewis?
Yes. This would be a bad development...

Is this meaning Landon Lawrence or London Lewis ??
Last edited by gofurman on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #15426  by gopaladins
 Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:05 pm
London was on Concussion Protocol last season. He is ready and playing this season. He ate dinner with us on Saturday.
 #15429  by Jasper
 Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:24 pm
gopaladins wrote:
London was on Concussion Protocol last season. He is ready and playing this season. He ate dinner with us on Saturday.
The players I had dinner with said he was fine and looking good so far. This whole thing doesn't have a ring of truth about it. I don't think either of them is finished with football and its just inaccurate information.
 #15430  by gofurman
 Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:38 pm
Jasper wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:24 pm
gopaladins wrote:
The players I had dinner with said he was fine and looking good so far. This whole thing doesn't have a ring of truth about it. I don't think either of them is finished with football and its just inaccurate information.
This was the latest I heard too. That Landon Lawrence looked strong ! And that (London) Lewis was practicing some now though held out of the scrimmage Saturday.. hope someone can clear this up.
FUKA61 liked this
 #15432  by soconjohn
 Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:23 pm
I wanted to apologize on the Landon Lawrence info....I was wrong that and wanted to offer my sincere apologies...He’s still playing...So I take full responsibility for being absolutely wrong on that.please accept my apology...thanks
DeepPurple liked this
 #15434  by gofurman
 Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:16 am
soconjohn wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:23 pm
I wanted to apologize on the Landon Lawrence info....I was wrong that and wanted to offer my sincere apologies...He’s still playing...So I take full responsibility for being absolutely wrong on that.please accept my apology...thanks
No problem man. We all make mistakes ! I make more than most !~LOL

Good of you to apologize - Just want to thank you for all of your insights !
 #15435  by soconjohn
 Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:49 am
Appreciate it, gofurman....I’ll admit it when I am human, which is more often than not as I get older...lol...Looking forward to the season....It’s almost here and I am excited!
 #15436  by Jasper
 Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:41 am
no problem. We all make them. I am happy that was all it was.
 #15437  by AstroDin
 Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:52 am
I think we need to tread more carefully about injuries and hearsay guys.

We all make mistakes, but in public forums such as this - lots of eyeballs are on this - players, parents, coaches, prospective players, on and on.

Some on here are hyper-focused on injuries - that's your right just take into account we can cause unseen and unneeded drama. As well as I'm guessing the coaches don't get excited about someone reporting they saw player x in a boot at practice. My moto - do no harm.

Carry on!
FUKA61, PalaDad, MNORM and 1 others liked this
 #15439  by Affirm
 Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:29 am
AstroDin wrote:

We all make mistakes, but in public forums such as this - lots of eyeballs are on this - players, parents, coaches, prospective players, on and on.

Some on here are hyper-focused on injuries - that's your right just take into account we can cause unseen and unneeded drama. As well as I'm guessing the coaches don't get excited about someone reporting they saw player x in a boot at practice. My moto - do no harm.

Carry on!
I agree we should tread lightly and avoid offense, assumption, HIPPAA violation, etc., etc. At the same time, I do not believe there are many eyeballs viewing this site, or at least we greatly, greatly overestimate the number. Just not that much interest in our site. Convince me if you think I’m wrong. There is interest about the players and the team, but very few people are coming here for their info. We are open access but a surprisingly small group,
 #15440  by Davemeister
 Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:04 am
Glad both LLs are still out there doing their LL thing. I still get them confused - and so will the opposition!
FUKA61 liked this
 #15441  by Jasper
 Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:56 am
affirm wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:29 am
AstroDin wrote:

Carry on!
I agree we should tread lightly and avoid offense, assumption, HIPPAA violation, etc., etc. At the same time, I do not believe there are many eyeballs viewing this site, or at least we greatly, greatly overestimate the number. Just not that much interest in our site. Convince me if you think I’m wrong. There is interest about the players and the team, but very few people are coming here for their info. We are open access but a surprisingly small group,
There may be more than you would think. There are very few posters on this board during the off seasons but right now there are 3 people on here. Me and 2 guests. There are always guests on here and they do not post. The players tell me that they look at the site from time to time and that their parents read it a lot. I suspect coaches do as well. Many times there are more guests on here than there are members. Just look at the number of "reads" as opposed to "comments". A lively topic with 10 or 12 posts might have several hundred reads. Discretion and accuracy is certainly appropriate.
din23, MNORM, AstroDin and 1 others liked this
 #15443  by AstroDin
 Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:20 pm
I will only say I know for a fact - this forum gets many eyeballs that are not members. Jasper is absolutely correct.
In the past under a different regime, I posted something about a recruit - I heard from a source not related to Furman, let's just say I received a phone call.

We're all fans - nothing wrong with us chatting about players and injuries happen - football is a contact sport. I'm just saying let's be as accurate as we can.

Related — went by practice yesterday was there about 30 minutes talking to another fan - Furman Police pay us a visit. He joked you guys Furman fans or Wofford fans. We all had a good laugh.
 #15444  by gofurman
 Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:11 pm
There are more guests than members. However, I don't want SoconJohn to think he caused any real problem. Just a human error - we all make 'em... and more importantly he corrected it quickly.
 #15445  by Affirm
 Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:32 pm
OK. Glad to hear that there may be a lot more people going on here than I thought. I hope that is true. I wish more of them would become members and post, assuming they have respectful and relevant and generally supportive commentary. I have no doubt than many, many people could post more interesting and more valuable comments than I do.

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.