• 2020 commitments

#14828  by FUBeAR
 Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:33 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:08 pm
^^ I posted directly from Kendall Thomas's twitter feed he's posted his commitment to the DINS and Bear was correct he's a RB/SB.

The Corner hasn't posted yet but this is worth watching tomorrow.
Yeah - I was just hypothesizing at Zavion Taylor because I couldn’t confirm my earlier hypothesis that it was a RB.

Like Coach (Charles) Schultz...I was wrong once...when I thought I was wrong, but I was actually right. (maybe)

No debate...this time.
 #14829  by gofurman
 Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:45 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:33 pm
AstroDin wrote:
^^ I posted directly from Kendall Thomas's twitter feed he's posted his commitment to the DINS and Bear was correct he's a RB/SB.

Yeah - I was just hypothesizing at Zavion Taylor because I couldn’t confirm my earlier hypothesis that it was a RB.

Like Coach (Charles) Schultz...I was wrong once...when I thought I was wrong, but I was actually right. (maybe)

No debate...this time.
"I thought I was wrong once.. but I was mistaken" ;)
 #14830  by gofurman
 Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:47 am
AstroDin wrote:

thanks!

Astro, PaulC, JohnW and now BEAR deserve a big thanks for keeping this list up.. all I do is keep up w them there injuris..
 #14831  by The Jackal
 Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:47 am
A comment about Thomas.

Thomas is listed at 5'7 165. His commitment states that he is a running back (and, by watching his video, a good one). To this point, Furman's backfield targets have all been bigger guys - our "tailbacks" are in the 6'0 190 range (Watkins, Wynn, Anderson). Our "fullbacks" are much bigger - 220+

We do utilize payers as "slotbacks" or "A-Backs" (whatever), but they've tended to be WRs (mostly Gordon, Armstrong, and Bell) and Darius Morehead. The closest physical comp to Thomas on the current roster is Dejuan Bell.

I would expect a player like Thomas (and really, Bell) to be threats in both the running and passing games.
 #14835  by gofurman
 Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:56 pm
So recent commits are which 3?

The Atlanta CB is Micah Robinson from Westlake - great to see that today !

Kendall Thomas a RB from Texas

**——-Third guy? FUBeAR - "WR Zavion Taylor" ? Or Tyson Thompson

There seemed to be some debate on the third guy?..
 #14841  by AstroDin
 Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:17 pm
Tyson Thompson tweeted a visit picture today from Furman - makes me think it's not him - yet!!!
I'm guessing the 7th commit is someone else, could be wrong.
 #14843  by Afurmanfan
 Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:06 pm
We offered Tyson back in May but he just posted his pic again 3 hours ago. About the same time the coaches tweeted. Then C Bratton tweeted about how great it is to be a WR coach and Tyson is a WR.
Sticking with my guess.
fupaladin01 liked this
 #14844  by Paladin91
 Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:26 pm
As I mentioned the other day, think the 3rd commit is Tyson Thompson as well. Some very good gets early on.
 #14845  by FUBeAR
 Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:45 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:26 pm
As I mentioned the other day, think the 3rd commit is Tyson Thompson as well. Some very good gets early on.
FUBeAR is going ‘off the board’ - the 2 new commits are Mike Tyson & either Klay or David Thompson.

I have sources.
paladinfan12, FU3, Jasper liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.