• 2020 commitments

#14809  by AstroDin
 Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:10 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:59 pm
Both look like good players and guys that can really move. Pretty sweet graphics too.
Found another offer for a Texas wide receiver — Taurean Muhammad Katy, Texas. Muhammad has quite a few FBS offers too.

By the way, all three of these fellas say they run 4.4 - by the looks of how fast they get separation and cut people up at high-level Texas football - I'd say its legit speed.
 #14811  by FUBeAR
 Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:39 pm
AstroDin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
Both look like good players and guys that can really move. Pretty sweet graphics too.
Found another offer for a Texas wide receiver — Taurean Muhammad Katy, Texas. Muhammad has quite a few FBS offers too.

By the way, all three of these fellas say they run 4.4 - by the looks of how fast they get separation and cut people up at high-level Texas football - I'd say its legit speed.
Thought RB because of the #FeedHim comment from one of the Coaches, but couldn’t confirm anything.

So...Guessing the TX Commit is WR Zavion Taylor...because he has his 5/3 ‘offer Tweet’ from Furman pinned at the top of his Twitter Feed. He has another D1 offer from Cornell & other sub D1 offers since 5/3. Unless his ‘system’ is to pin his most recent D1 offer, I’ll go with the FU pinning as ‘a sign.’
 #14813  by gofurman
 Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:36 am
The Jackal wrote:
Agree, these graphics (esp the NCAA 2K Football Video Game!!!) are much better efforts . Great work coaches !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 #14814  by The Jackal
 Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:57 am
AstroDin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

I'm genuinely interested to know how Furman approaches recruiting Houston.

My wife's from Katy and my sister-in-law still teaches in the school district. Katy High School is massive (so is Klein). These are high schools with student bodies significantly larger than Furman's. There are close to 80,000 students in the District.

Katy is serious Texas Football. It is a bit garish, but here's Katy's ISD's $70m football facility that opened last year that holds 12k spectators: https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... 8&oe=UTF-8.

I'm glad we are investing in that area. Furman as a University has long recruited Houston, but it is certainly a philosophical shift to see us going in looking for football players.
 #14815  by AstroDin
 Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:23 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:39 pm
AstroDin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

Thought RB because of the #FeedHim comment from one of the Coaches, but couldn’t confirm anything.

So...Guessing the TX Commit is WR Zavion Taylor...because he has his 5/3 ‘offer Tweet’ from Furman pinned at the top of his Twitter Feed. He has another D1 offer from Cornell & other sub D1 offers since 5/3. Unless his ‘system’ is to pin his most recent D1 offer, I’ll go with the FU pinning as ‘a sign.’
I think your right - went back over coaches comments - I jumped to a WR/SB, Bear you sparked me to go back over the tweets — a few things I've noticed on twitter - I've got a feeling I know who it is - its RB/SB.

Also applying the same twitter detective work :D - I've spotted who I think the CB commit is.

Furman is raising the speed bar.
 #14816  by Paladin91
 Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:04 am
I think the Texas commit could be Tyson Thompson. Thompson fits the RB mode. The Atlanta CB is Micah Robinson from Westlake.
MNORM liked this
 #14817  by Affirm
 Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:37 pm
The Jackal wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

My wife's from Katy and my sister-in-law still teaches in the school district. Katy High School is massive (so is Klein). These are high schools with student bodies significantly larger than Furman's. There are close to 80,000 students in the District.

Katy is serious Texas Football. It is a bit garish, but here's Katy's ISD's $70m football facility that opened last year that holds 12k spectators: https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... 8&oe=UTF-8.

I'm glad we are investing in that area. Furman as a University has long recruited Houston, but it is certainly a philosophical shift to see us going in looking for football players.
Another recent thread “New AD will face a challenge” is about our future home game schedules. I’ve made it clear that I prefer home & home with more northeastern schools plus Georgetown, Richmond, & W&M. Southeastern non-SoCon school were also discussed. As an additional suggestion, less preferred, I ask (due to this present discussion about TX prospects) why we don’t look also at future home & home possibilities with any of these that are within 3 hours of Houston:
McNeese State
Lamar
Houston Baptist
Stephen F. Austin State
Sam Houston State
Incarnate Word (typo corrected)
Prairie View
Texas Southern
... as well as, within 2.5 hours from Dallas:
Abilene Christian
MNORM liked this
 #14822  by apaladin
 Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:39 pm
I think that Katy stadium is nice but looks like a little overkill and I don't see $70 million. You don't need 2 levels on each side for a 12,000 seat stadium. That would be like taking the visitors side of PS and making 2 levels out of it. Of course I guess it's not about need, more about show. I know costs have gone up but PS has 16,000 seats and cost about 3 million when first built?
 #14825  by The Jackal
 Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:18 pm
affirm wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:37 pm
The Jackal wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

Another recent thread “New AD will face a challenge” is about our future home game schedules. I’ve made it clear that I prefer home & home with more northeastern schools plus Georgetown, Richmond, & W&M. Southeastern non-SoCon school were also discussed. As an additional suggestion, less preferred, I ask (due to this present discussion about TX prospects) why we don’t look also at future home & home possibilities with any of these that are within 3 hours of Houston:
McNeese State
Lamar
Houston Baptist
Stephen F. Austin State
Sam Houston State
Incarnate Word (typo corrected)
Prairie View
Texas Southern
... as well as, within 2.5 hours from Dallas:
Abilene Christian
Seems like a logical extension.

Notably, though, the Southland Conference schedules, I think, 9 conference games, so after the "money game," there's not much left on the slate for an OCC FCS team.
 #14826  by gofurman
 Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:22 pm
So recent commits are which 3?

The Atlanta CB is Micah Robinson from Westlake ?
Kendall Thomas a RB?
Third guy? FUBeAR - "WR Zavion Taylor" ?

There seemed to be some debate above ...
 #14827  by AstroDin
 Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:08 pm
^^ I posted directly from Kendall Thomas's twitter feed he's posted his commitment to the DINS and Bear was correct he's a RB/SB.

The Corner hasn't posted yet but this is worth watching tomorrow.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.