• 2020 commitments

#14736  by The Jackal
 Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:16 pm
Paul C wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:29 am
Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a FB....
The little block in the right corner called him an "inside linebacker," so I don't know. Watching his film a bit, looks like he could also be a fit as a pass rusher.

I thought Ty Youngblood may also be a fullback target (a position he currently plays and is smaller than Dimaggio).
 #14765  by AstroDin
 Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:07 am
JohnW wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:30 pm
Commitment alert. No clues in the coach tweets.
follow the likes — have an idea but - it's best to wait and see
 #14766  by AstroDin
 Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:08 am
I just want to say kudos to this coaching staff — this is the second year in a row that Furman has started strong in July. This obviously creates a domino effect.
 #14790  by JohnW
 Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:16 pm
Appears it's Jack Rhodes, 6-1 188, from Alpharetta, GA. He is committed according to his tweet.
 #14791  by gofurman
 Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:38 pm
Looks like he will play on D? Offers from Jacksonville State, all the Northeastern academic schools, EKU, Coastal etc. Good get.. like to see a few FBS in there always
 #14792  by The Jackal
 Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:07 am
gofurman wrote:
Looks like he will play on D? Offers from Jacksonville State, all the Northeastern academic schools, EKU, Coastal etc. Good get.. like to see a few FBS in there always
They don't seem to indicate, but he looks like a target for our "spur" position.
 #14793  by AstroDin
 Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:26 am
gofurman wrote:
IMO a GREAT get… I don't think a recruit has to have FBS offers to be a "great recruit," for Furman IMO it's the fit Rhoades looks like a player on video and his academics are stellar.

I agree with Jackal I think Rhoades is a SPUR. Furman now has three commits that on paper make an impressive linebacking unit, Ty Youngblood LB, Evan DiMaggio ILB, Jack Rhoades OLB.

Let's not sleep on the very first commit for Diamond Season 20 - Caden Richards of Gaffney - Caden is out there recruiting hard for the DINS. I've noticed that he starts conversations with other offered recruits - no doubt these guys believe they're a part of something special.

MNORM liked this
 #14794  by The Jackal
 Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:09 am
It would make sense (to me) that you'd benefit by getting early commits from quality high character guys who then turn around and work as de facto extensions of your own coaching staff in recruiting the rest of the class.

In effect, the whole team is involved in recruiting, not just the coaches.
MNORM liked this
 #14799  by gofurman
 Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:53 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:09 am
It would make sense (to me) that you'd benefit by getting early commits from quality high character guys who then turn around and work as de facto extensions of your own coaching staff in recruiting the rest of the class.

In effect, the whole team is involved in recruiting, not just the coaches.
right - this is big in big-time D1 basketball on the AAU circuit etc. The Burger boys try to recruit others to the school they have committed to .. Duke, UNC, UK, ...
 #14807  by AstroDin
 Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:39 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:37 pm
Coaching staff tweeting about a commit from Texas.
My guess is it's a wide receiver from Texas - Furman has two offers out.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.