• 2020 Offers

#14377  by MNORM
 Fri May 31, 2019 3:39 pm
JohnW wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:42 pm
Decided when I had posted ten offers it was time to start another....

Per his tweet Cole Potts, 6-3 290 OL/DL, from St Francis DeSales in Columbus, OH has an offer.
Texas and Ohio getting some attention!
 #14544  by JohnW
 Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:15 pm
Paul C wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:11 pm
Also saw we offered a DL from Woodmont HS a few days ago but can't find the tweet....
Cam Donald ring a bell?
 #14545  by The Jackal
 Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:25 am
Now in year 3, I have been interested to watch recruiting. It certainly seems like the coaching staff is targeting certain types of players. That makes sense, but notable in that they really aren't the same types of guys we have gone after the last 10 years or so.

Most OL targets are 6'4 or taller. Right now, our roster sports only two OL shorter than 6'3. Our shortest starting OL is as tall as our tallest starter in 2014.

Most of the LB targets are in the 6'2 220 range. If you look at our current roster, virtually all of our ILBs fit that mold. In 2014, our two starting LBs (Rider and Magwood) were at 215 as juniors.

There are a lot of WR targets in the 5'11 175ish range. I'd bet most of those guys can scoot. Similar type targets to Dejuan Bell to play the slot receiver role.

Our RB targets are also fitting that tall/lean mold. A lot of these guys are 6'0/6'1 and will play at 195-200 lbs. 5 years ago, our running back recruiting was all over the map. We had undersized guys (Luke) paired with big-bodied backs (Dirks) that really didn't have different roles. Our best RB during those years was Wilcox, who came to Furman as a safety.
Jasper liked this
 #14547  by Paladin91
 Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:14 pm
Recent offers:
Seth Johnson, 6'2, 265, DE/DT, Baylor, Chattanooga, TN
https://twitter.com/Sethjohnson2020

Ladd McConkey, 5'11, 150, WR/CB, North Murray, Chatsworth, GA
https://twitter.com/laddmcconkey02

Kyle Adams, 5'11, 170, Dual Threat QB, West Lafayette, IN
https://twitter.com/kyleadamss

Jarmone Sutherland Jr., 5'11, 175, WR ***, Isodore Newman, New Orleans, LA
AstroDin liked this
 #14630  by JohnW
 Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:07 pm
Per his tweet Neil Politano, 6-3 255 4.9 OL, from Bishop Kenny HS in Jacksonville, FL has an offer. UNH commit.

Per his tweet Jack Hall, 6-2 280 DL, from Benedictine Prep in Richmond, VA has an offer. Delaware commit.

Per his tweet Myles Turner, 6-2 225 4.6 LB, from Bullis HS in Potomac, MD has an offer. UMass commit.

Per his tweet, Zander Barnett, 6-3 220 DE, from Milton HS in Alpharetta, GA has an offer. Richmond commit.

Per his tweet James Bryant, 6-3 205 TE/S, from Blessed Trinity HS in Roswell, GA has an offer. Air Force commit.

Per his tweet Sean Brown, 6-3 190 QB, from Apex, NC has an offer. LIberty commit.

Per his tweet, Elijah Sanders, 6-3 230 DE/WR, from Clayton HS, NC has an offer.

Per his tweet Wilson Hendricks, 6-1 200 ATH, from Travelers Rest has an offer.

Per his tweet Kalvyn Crummie, 6-2 208 LB, from Tuscaloosa, AL has an offer.
Last edited by JohnW on Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #18674  by JohnW
 Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:11 pm
Per his tweet Mitch Jeter, 5-11 175 PK, from Cannon School in Salisbury, NC has an offer.

Per his tweet Jeremiah Johnson, 6-1 250 DL, from Fleming Island, FL has an offer. Furman commit.
Last edited by JohnW on Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #19081  by AstroDin
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:13 pm
Furman just offered a full scholarship to kicker Mitch Jeter. Check out the video of him kicking a 57 yarder:
 #19083  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:33 pm
Thanks Astro! Good and I hope not bad ?

Looks good but heard Atkins is graduating in 3 years :shock: Must be a super smart dude to graduate in three years w time spent on football !!!

Hope we have Atkins one more year. Almost never lose a guy after just three yrs. Not saying we will but they said the other day Atkins is probably graduating this May. Maybe I misheard? Anyone know on that one?
 #19141  by fufanatic
 Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:56 pm
gofurman wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:33 pm
Thanks Astro! Good and I hope not bad ?

Looks good but heard Atkins is graduating in 3 years :shock: Must be a super smart dude to graduate in three years w time spent on football !!!

Hope we have Atkins one more year. Almost never lose a guy after just three yrs. Not saying we will but they said the other day Atkins is probably graduating this May. Maybe I misheard? Anyone know on that one?
Would hate it, but would be hard to blame him if he wanted to see what his P5 (as a grad transfer) or NFL options were. Even though I still contend that kicker is one of a few positions on the field where being P5 doesn't really matter. He's shown he can kick in big environments and situations.
 #19142  by AstroDin
 Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:26 pm
Looks like we're after several kickers now - -

Been waiting for this to come out… Hero Sports Early SoCon Recruiting Ranking.

As of right now? Furman is running away with the SoCon -- and will figure prominently into the November national rankings -- and it's not even close, but there are some other top SoCon classes.
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-201 ... g-oct-ajaj
Paul C liked this
 #19146  by gofurman
 Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:31 pm
AstroDin wrote:

As of right now? Furman is running away with the SoCon -- and will figure prominently into the November national rankings -- and it's not even close, but there are some other top SoCon classes.
Astro, are you agreeing with what I heard on Atkins? just askin.
 #19148  by gofurman
 Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:23 pm
AstroDin wrote:

that's truly awesome. Do we have a QB lined up yet for 2020? I know that we were trying to get one. Do we have some QB offers.>?
 #19160  by The Jackal
 Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:02 am
gofurman wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:31 pm
AstroDin wrote:

Astro, are you agreeing with what I heard on Atkins? just askin.
Kickers are important to have, but historically Furman has never really had an issue finding solid guys at that position on the recruiting trail. We've been close to 20 years now (maybe longer) with a solid string of good place kickers.
 #19161  by AstroDin
 Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:10 am
^^ I agree… based on twitter I'm pretty sure we will add a kicker in this class and a long-snapper.

Brian McLaughlin (Hero Sports) does a fantastic job with FCS coverage, plus he's bullish on what Clay is building at Furman. He puts a lot of work on this and it's about as fair and a process we could hope for evaluating FCS recruits.

Note about the process: These high school recruits are ranked by how many other college options these commitments had, and who those offers came from. This is NOT using the star system from any of the recruiting services (never will).

Still, Furman has several players that were not ranked Wayne Anderson, Jr. or based on the criteria Devin Wynn would not be ranked. Furman has seven commits listed in the top twenty, actually, all ten commits so far are in the top 30. Kendall Thomas is sitting at #26, not due to talent, Thomas will end up rushing for over 2,000 this season, will end up with a lower ranking due to being recruited primarily by Ivy schools.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.