• All Din for FU Hoops!-FU Men's Basketball fundraiser!

#13743  by FU03times
 Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:59 pm
Fellow UFFP-ers,

In the past months I have seen a lot of posts discussing the need for change and growth of the Men's Basketball program. We have all come to the conclusion that in order to do so, we need to set a better foundation and invest in the team. I know a lot of you are members of the Roundball club, and are major donors that support the team currently and have done so for years, and as a fan I am very grateful for y'all. I also know that there's a good number of fans that want to help but can't commit to annual fees and major donations currently, but still want to make a difference somehow.

As I mentioned in the "put up or shut up" thread, I am serving as a Furman social advocate for Dins Day (4/30/19) and raising money for the Furman Men's Basketball team. If you wanted to put some money towards the team, but couldn't find the right time or best way to do so, this is your chance! If we all chip in a little something, we can make this big. And remember, $1000 is just an initial goal, and I know it would make a much bigger difference if we went higher (if not MUCH higher) than that. You can follow the fundraising progress on the page.

https://dins-day-2019-athletics.everyda ... r-fu-hoops

This is our chance to set our own goal and make a collective effort to raise money and invest in these guys over the next 5 days. This just might be what can take us from challenger to champion status. Let's do this!

Shoutout to Frank for getting us started strong!
fufanatic, Fuonetime, Fessor and 1 others liked this
 #13745  by Affirm
 Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:48 pm
As previously stated, I paid in full on 4/20/2019 my remaining pledge balances for 2018-2019 for men's basketball enhancement fund, women's basketball fund, and Paladin Club. However, I am pleased to be able to now donate another small amount to the men's basketball enhancement fund to support what you as an alumnus are doing publicly for men's basketball on Dins Day.
I hope everyone else who supports Furman men's basketball will also do what they can to help out what you are doing.
I know that $1,000 (your goal) is not necessarily going to make any significant difference by itself, but one never knows what result a small seed eventually produce.
Go Furman!.
FU03times, Fuonetime, QCGlue and 1 others liked this
 #13746  by Affirm
 Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:55 pm
affirm wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:48 pm
As previously stated, I paid in full on 4/20/2019 my remaining pledge balances for 2018-2019 for men's basketball enhancement fund, women's basketball fund, and Paladin Club. However, I am pleased to be able to now donate another small amount to the men's basketball enhancement fund to support what you as an alumnus are doing publicly for men's basketball on Dins Day.
I hope everyone else who supports Furman men's basketball will also do what they can to help out what you are doing.
I know that $1,000 (your goal) is not necessarily going to make any significant difference by itself, but one may never know what result a small seed will eventually produce if the seed is not planted.
Go Furman!.
FUKA61, Fuonetime, Fessor and 1 others liked this
 #13855  by FU03times
 Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:14 am
DINS DAY IS HERE EVERYBODY!
Let's show this school and the athletics department that we care by being ALL DIN today! You can make donations on furman.edu/dinsday and if you're especially interested in donating to Furman Men's Basketball, you can use this fundraiser page I've made through Furman to raise money designated for the team and the program's growth. Here's the link:https://dins-day-2019-athletics.everyda ... r-fu-hoops
Please consider donating and sharing the link!
We are only $65 away from my $1k goal and we can raise even more! Let's show CBR, the Furman administration, and the team that has given us to much to be happy about and proud of this season, that WE CARE! It's our time to give back! Together, we can make a difference. GO DINS!
 #13891  by furpop16
 Wed May 01, 2019 11:47 pm
I'm in with the in-crowd, just under the wire. Happy to give as I've gotten so much enjoyment from the team.

Hailing from a D3 myself, I need something to root for and the Family Furmanite's Alma Mater has exceeded my expectations. What's surprising is how many of my pals here on the West Coast now have an eye on Furman as well. When the team cracked the AP poll my eMail exploded.

Can't wait for November and doing it all over again. Go 'Dins !!
FU03times, Fessor liked this
 #13893  by Fessor
 Thu May 02, 2019 7:54 am
furpop16 wrote:
What's surprising is how many of my pals here on the West Coast now have an eye on Furman as well. When the team cracked the AP poll my eMail exploded.
Consistent with what some here have been saying for years would happen.

Let's hope someone in the administration took note and also has the fortitude and good sense to promote a "BB First" agenda when the pie is being sliced.
 #13899  by FUBeAR
 Thu May 02, 2019 6:17 pm
Fessor wrote:
furpop16 wrote:
What's surprising is how many of my pals here on the West Coast now have an eye on Furman as well. When the team cracked the AP poll my eMail exploded.

Let's hope someone in the administration took note and also has the fortitude and good sense to promote a "BB First" agenda when the pie is being sliced.
Instead, let's just get a bigger pie.
 #13901  by Affirm
 Thu May 02, 2019 9:23 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:17 pm
Fessor wrote:
furpop16 wrote:

Instead, let's just get a bigger pie.
Or instead, “ ... both ... and .... “
Fessor liked this