• Armor Gray Uniforms

#13847  by apaladin
 Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:59 am
FWIW I would rather have the Purple Matte helmet instead of the the new unis. I tried to find a picture of that helmet but couldn't find it. Does anyone happen to have a picture of it and can post it here? Thanks!
 #13848  by FUBeAR
 Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:35 am
apaladin wrote:
FWIW I would rather have the Purple Matte helmet instead of the the new unis. I tried to find a picture of that helmet but couldn't find it. Does anyone happen to have a picture of it and can post it here? Thanks!
This the one you mean?

...or this one...

I think you probably mean this one...

...don’t like any of them, btw
 #13857  by apaladin
 Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:35 am
It was none of those. It was a solid purple helmet with a regular size white diamond F. It had the matte(dull) finish. It was really sharp looking. It was a picture that was posted from Furman I think? More than likely a salesmans sample.
 #13859  by MNORM
 Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:04 am
Found this interesting throwback concept while diving down the rabbit hole.

fufanatic liked this
 #13864  by FUBeAR
 Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:34 am
MNORM wrote:

Just to provide some context in case some don't know/understand the 'theme' of that throwback concept...

Furman Varsity Football Team, 1925
The Furman Purple Hurricane football team were state champions in 1925. They are pictured in a team photograph on the steps of Richard Furman Hall (formerly known as the Main Building) on the old campus in downtown Greenville, S.C. Seated in the back row on the far left is Coach W.L. 'Billy' Laval.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rokawaylifer liked this
 #13865  by FUBeAR
 Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:48 am
LOL - I had not seen these "FU" design jerseys from 1930 before today...

Now, that's a throwback design that FUBeAR could get behind...be fun to watch the Paladins run out against the bellhops with the whole Furman Team each wearing a giant FU on their chests!
bj93 liked this
 #13868  by cavedweller2
 Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:47 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:34 am
MNORM wrote:

Just to provide some context in case some don't know/understand the 'theme' of that throwback concept...

Furman Varsity Football Team, 1925
The Furman Purple Hurricane football team were state champions in 1925. They are pictured in a team photograph on the steps of Richard Furman Hall (formerly known as the Main Building) on the old campus in downtown Greenville, S.C. Seated in the back row on the far left is Coach W.L. 'Billy' Laval.
Bring these back for the 2025 season. 100th anniversary of the uniform. Auction or raffle them off after the season.
fufanatic, MNORM, FUBeAR liked this
 #13888  by gofurman
 Wed May 01, 2019 9:47 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:35 am
apaladin wrote:
This the one you mean?

...or this one...

I think you probably mean this one...

...don’t like any of them, btw
that second one is the worst thing ever...
 #13900  by gofurman
 Thu May 02, 2019 8:11 pm
That second one is emblematic of my fear of losing the beautiful diamond F. Please please no
 #13909  by AstroDin
 Fri May 03, 2019 7:58 am
^^^ concerning Helmet Soul and the designs -- I would chalk up what we've seen posted related to Furman as "spec work."

Designers --- design, the client always has to reel back in the designers and the designs.
I can't see Furman coming out with a crazy Maryland style design busy helmet.
But, a designer isn't worth his/her salt if they don't explore.

All that said - it looks like realistic explorations for Furman are a silver chrome helmet, a matte helmet in white or purple, a high gloss white, a metallic purple helmet.

I would like to see a big wrap around diamond F on one side of the helmet with a player number on the other side.
 #13911  by FUBeAR
 Fri May 03, 2019 8:28 am
AstroDin wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:58 am
I would like to see a big wrap around diamond F on one side of the helmet with a player number on the other side.
I would prefer to chug a 40 of syrup of ipecac
Mr. Taggart liked this
 #13912  by Fred Garvin
 Fri May 03, 2019 9:07 am
New Riddell runs about $450 on the low end.......
450 x 63 is $28350.....that is assuming only 63 are needed.....

Since FU doesn't really go all in on any sport.....unless it is one that is started to attract the North and be a thorn in the side of facilities management......I don't see any of this going down

Most if not all of these designs suck like a Dyson .......maybe a chrome silver with the existing diamond .....

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.