• AllDin Podcast

#13780  by Fuonetime
 Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:21 am
Another great podcast from HCBR. As he mentioned we had some big time supporters who ponied up 10k and more for the program. We need more of those and a big thank you to all our boosters who invest extra funds in our FU BB. We also need contributions in the $100 plus range. FU is competing against many well funded programs and we need all of our base on board. BR mentioned sending a check made out to FU for the BB program to our AD or BB office. Dins Day is coming up and some extra cash can only encourage our gifted and dedicated coach. Another option is supporting our fellow uffer giving site: https://dins-day-2019-athletics.everyda ... r-fu-hoops. Let’s get ‘er done!
FUKA61, FU03times and 1 others liked this
 #13789  by FU03times
 Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:45 pm
Fuonetime wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:21 am
Another great podcast from HCBR. As he mentioned we had some big time supporters who ponied up 10k and more for the program. We need more of those and a big thank you to all our boosters who invest extra funds in our FU BB. We also need contributions in the $100 plus range. FU is competing against many well funded programs and we need all of our base on board. BR mentioned sending a check made out to FU for the BB program to our AD or BB office. Dins Day is coming up and some extra cash can only encourage our gifted and dedicated coach. Another option is supporting our fellow uffer giving site: https://dins-day-2019-athletics.everyda ... r-fu-hoops. Let’s get ‘er done!
Thanks for putting my fundraising page out there! Anyone can easily donate online on this page and the money will go specifically to the men’s basketball program! The proceeds do not go through me in any way, I just designed my fundraising page and chose what the money will be used for as a social advocate for Dins Day. Whatever method you choose to support the program, I want to thank you. I appreciate everyone’s efforts to help out. Go Dins!!!
https://dins-day-2019-athletics.everyda ... r-fu-hoops
 #13805  by apaladin
 Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:25 pm
Good to hear CBR say they were close to signing a contract for a multi team tournament. Hope it is a real tournament not just a side show like we had the last few years.
FU03times liked this
 #13806  by NCPaladin22
 Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:42 pm
I’ve been told by a staffer before that all those “real” tournaments have entry fees that are 20k-50k in range.
 #13808  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:10 pm
NCPaladin22 wrote:
I’ve been told by a staffer before that all those “real” tournaments have entry fees that are 20k-50k in range.
That would make sense, most of those tournaments have terrible attendance so they need to get some money from somewhere
 #13816  by Fessor
 Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:37 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:10 pm
NCPaladin22 wrote:
That would make sense, most of those tournaments have terrible attendance so they need to get some money from somewhere
I'd doubt that ticket sales are the main revenue source for any of these tournaments; television contracts and corporate sponsorship pay the bills. I'm also skeptical that Duke, Wichita State, and Michigan paid any money, much less $50K, to play in the Maui Jim Maui Invitational, Charleston Classic, and Air Force Reserve Tip-Off Presented by Citi, respectively. Any money that was exchanged went the opposite direction.
 #13817  by NCPaladin22
 Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:48 am
Not sure those high profile tourneys are the ones being discussed. When was the last SoCon team in any of the tourneys you just mentioned?
 #13822  by Fessor
 Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:39 pm
NCPaladin22 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:48 am
Not sure those high profile tourneys are the ones being discussed. When was the last SoCon team in any of the tourneys you just mentioned?
Wofford participated in the Maui Jim Maui Invitational two years ago and in the Battle for Atlantis last year, albeit not in the final brackets.

Southern Conference caliber schools like Ball State, Towson, Buffalo, Northeastern, Davidson, and App State have participated in the Charleston Classic over the last two seasons.

None of these schools have 50K to drop on a Christmas tournament.

BTW, ESPN (i.e., Disney) owns the Charleston Classic.
 #13828  by fufanatic
 Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:40 pm
BR has me fired up for 2019-2020. Gurley has already put on 8 pounds since the season ended. Jordan Lyons is doing Jordan Lyons things. The more I think about it, I really think we will be the best team in the league come March. The cupboard is fully stocked on those guys know how to play. And I trust BR above anything else. He will have those guys ready.

Was glad he talked more about the schedule and the difficulties of getting home games. And mentioned how schools are even saying no to us know that we've gotten better. It all makes sense. Still would rather play a local DII team than a NAIA squad, but I guess you gotta take what you can get.
FU03times liked this
 #13831  by apaladin
 Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:31 pm
fufanatic wrote:
BR has me fired up for 2019-2020. Gurley has already put on 8 pounds since the season ended. Jordan Lyons is doing Jordan Lyons things. The more I think about it, I really think we will be the best team in the league come March. The cupboard is fully stocked on those guys know how to play. And I trust BR above anything else. He will have those guys ready.

Was glad he talked more about the schedule and the difficulties of getting home games. And mentioned how schools are even saying no to us know that we've gotten better. It all makes sense. Still would rather play a local DII team than a NAIA squad, but I guess you gotta take what you can get.
An NAIA team or D2 team would be a step up from the NCCAA teams we've been playing. Glad to hear Jalen Slawson is playing well also. What happened to the times when you couldn't practice in the off season.
 #13836  by Paul C
 Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:31 pm
That segment where he talked about having the players allocate “salary cap” to the coaches and the 2 new guys coming out on top was a bit of a backhanded swipe at Dwight Perry.....
FU03times, din23, fufanatic liked this
 #13861  by fufanatic
 Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:34 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:31 pm
fufanatic wrote:

An NAIA team or D2 team would be a step up from the NCCAA teams we've been playing. Glad to hear Jalen Slawson is playing well also. What happened to the times when you couldn't practice in the off season.
I believe the rules state that the coaches can't run it and can't be present, but there's nothing that states that the guys can't all get together and scrimmage. Maybe BR got his info from the strength coach or senior leader that he trusts?
 #13863  by fufanatic
 Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:36 am
Paul C wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:31 pm
That segment where he talked about having the players allocate “salary cap” to the coaches and the 2 new guys coming out on top was a bit of a backhanded swipe at Dwight Perry.....
I thought that too. He really is honest. As a fan I love it, but that might have been one opinion best kept close to the vest.

But thought the overall concept was really interesting. And makes a lot of sense. The graduating seniors can be completely honest about their assessment of the staff once they are done. Good way to get entail that you might not notice yourself. Or maybe it confirms something you had noticed.