• Put up or Shut up

#13453  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:19 pm
In my opinion, very soon would be a great time for the University to announce a Basketball focused fund raising effort and make it public that everyone can begin to pool money into, it might take some time to build momentum but the sooner it gets set-up and the ball starts rolling the better.

The Sky's The Limit
Fuonetime, MNORM liked this
 #13454  by furpop16
 Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:34 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
In my opinion, very soon would be a great time for the University to announce a Basketball focused fund raising effort and make it public that everyone can begin to pool money into, it might take some time to build momentum but the sooner it gets set-up and the ball starts rolling the better

Measure twice, cut once. While I agree this is the time to take longer strides, I hope any campaign avoids appearing haphazard or rushed. To be sure, BR intimated there have already been facilities discussions. Perhaps they can bundle their high-priority items into a campaign and get a tangible win-win (successful campaign AND needed facilities).
 #13456  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:00 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:34 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
In my opinion, very soon would be a great time for the University to announce a Basketball focused fund raising effort and make it public that everyone can begin to pool money into, it might take some time to build momentum but the sooner it gets set-up and the ball starts rolling the better

Measure twice, cut once. While I agree this is the time to take longer strides, I hope any campaign avoids appearing haphazard or rushed. To be sure, BR intimated there have already been facilities discussions. Perhaps they can bundle their high-priority items into a campaign and get a tangible win-win (successful campaign AND needed facilities).

Oh I agree it should be a well thought out campaign with some specifics on the agenda, it just needs to also go public asap once everything is in place. Don't keep it on the back burner waiting for the perfect time, there will never be a perfect time. But there certainly is a good time and that time is upon us
furpop16 liked this
 #13460  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:24 pm
You gotta love how Bob Richey lays it all out there, complete transparency. Plus the way he talks about researching how Butler, Gonzaga ect. all made their jump and how he dreams BIG, you can tell his heart is committed to doing something special here.
We owe it to him to supply him with the tools he says he needs to keep the program moving forward, I have zero doubt he's going to find a way to maximize every single dollar we can pump into the program.
FUBeAR, dornb, QCGlue and 2 others liked this
 #13478  by Fuonetime
 Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:37 am
CBR continues to amaze. He’s got that vision “thang”. He’s no one and done! Jumping ship for a lateral or 1 step up move. He wants to build a program to take FU BB from challenger to champion. He has the vision, passion and energy to make it happen. Paladin nation let’s rally behind CBR and let’s get this done.
FUBeAR, FUKA61, gman and 6 others liked this
 #13529  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:36 pm
The first thing that must happen is Furman must PUT UP a public fundraising campaign, then the rest of us can PUT INTO that, that's the best way to build momentum and get results
Fuonetime liked this
 #13535  by Affirm
 Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:54 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
The first thing that must happen is Furman must PUT UP a public fundraising campaign, then the rest of us can PUT INTO that, that's the best way to build momentum and get results
Furman ALREADY has a “men’s basketball enhancement fund” as well as a women’s basketball fund. A positive step forward is to contribute to that (or to both of those). Something bigger than that, I imagine, would need to be a project approved by Board of Trustees and/or initiated by a major benefactor. The coach’s vision can be (is) a spark. Whether it starts a flame is up to others including us all.
hypercycloid, FUKA61 liked this
 #13543  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:22 pm
affirm wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:54 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Furman ALREADY has a “men’s basketball enhancement fund” as well as a women’s basketball fund. A positive step forward is to contribute to that (or to both of those). Something bigger than that, I imagine, would need to be a project approved by Board of Trustees and/or initiated by a major benefactor. The coach’s vision can be (is) a spark. Whether it starts a flame is up to others including us all.

I know all about the men's basketball Donation Form
Why does this one not show where the progress currently is? As it only shows the goal
http://www.furmanpaladins.com/paladin_c ... Excellence

Something more PUBLIC that shows its actual progress would serve FU basketball better, that's how you get people more motivated to start giving over and over, and are more likely to spread the word
People want to see actual progress, it absolutely increases their chances of sharing it with others, builds momentum, aids in getting the community more interested in supporting, ect. ect.
 #13550  by fufanatic
 Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:36 am
Was excited to hear that there is a desire to retire MR's jersey, and to get him back as a coach as soon as his playing career is over. Honestly remarkable the injury he played through. Props to all for helping make that happen.

Was incredibly encouraged by this podcast, so much so that I've increased my Paladin Club donation for the year by a bit. I hope others that are able will do the same.
FUKA61, Affirm, FU03times liked this
 #13710  by FU03times
 Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:22 am
On that note...Dins Day is coming up, and as a young alumn I’ve been recruited to be a social advocate and raise money for my preferred part of the campus. Guess what I’ve chosen! Would y’all donate if I post it here? You can see the progress with each single donation and we can all put our money where our mouths are and do the darn thing.
FUKA61, QCGlue, Paul C and 2 others liked this
 #13712  by hypercycloid
 Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:40 pm
FU03times wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:22 am
On that note...Dins Day is coming up, and as a young alumn I’ve been recruited to be a social advocate and raise money for my preferred part of the campus. Guess what I’ve chosen! Would y’all donate if I post it here? You can see the progress with each single donation and we can all put our money where our mouths are and do the darn thing.
Count me in to donate if you post it here.
FU03times, Fuonetime liked this