#13300  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:43 pm
affirm wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:52 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:31 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:37 pm
Maybe having that job, plus his years with the Big South, will lead to the SoCon hiring him as it’s new commissioner. I don’t know if that would be a move up for him. Certainly Big 12 has more $$$$, so assistant commissioner there probably has bigger salary than being the commissioner of the SoCon.
Would be a terrible move. A commissioner has to have some personality, JJ has zero.
After reading all the negatives/complaints about Iamarino on this board, for years, I had the impression that most anyone could do better than he did. So he has more personality than JJ? How does JJ do the Power 5 conference Big 12 assistant job if he’s so awful? Or did someone make a hiring mistake and his termination is in process?

Did you ever meet JJ?
I would consider both of those guys bad, we need someone that is out going heading the league, not another mute
FU69 liked this
 #13301  by furpop16
 Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
affirm wrote:
Maybe having that job, plus his years with the Big South, will lead to the SoCon hiring him as it’s new commissioner. I don’t know if that would be a move up for him. Certainly Big 12 has more $$$$, so assistant commissioner there probably has bigger salary than being the commissioner of the SoCon.
Would be a terrible move. A commissioner has to have some personality, JJ has zero.
I’d be less concerned about the next commissioner’s personality and more about whether he’s still resentful from being unceremoniously cashiered by a member university. Especially if it’s FU.
Fessor, dornb liked this
 #13302  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:01 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
affirm wrote:
I’d be less concerned about the next commissioner’s personality and more about whether he’s still resentful from being unceremoniously cashiered by a member university. Especially if it’s FU.

I think you mean fired because his record was horrible and it got to the point the players did not even like him
 #13303  by tim
 Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:09 pm
:D
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:43 pm
affirm wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:52 pm
apaladin wrote:
affirm wrote:
After reading all the negatives/complaints about Iamarino on this board, for years, I had the impression that most anyone could do better than he did. So he has more personality than JJ? How does JJ do the Power 5 conference Big 12 assistant job if he’s so awful? Or did someone make a hiring mistake and his termination is in process?

Did you ever meet JJ?
I would consider both of those guys bad, we need someone that is out going heading the league, not another mute
:D Can't underestimate jj!! He twice sold himself as a D1 basketball coach.
 #13304  by tim
 Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:14 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:18 pm
Pete Yanity reporting Ryan Odom will remain at UMBC and Wofford’s Mike Young a finalist for the Va Tech job. Other sources says he’s the leading candidate for the job.
Looks like a done deal now. Wonder if Woffy will hire Jay McCauley.
 #13305  by furpop16
 Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:28 pm
tim wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:09 pm
:D Can't underestimate jj!! He twice sold himself as a D1 basketball coach.
Exactly my point. I don’t have any hard data, but I’d be concerned the guy’s got the schmooze, the career progression, and the ivy pedigree, to make himself a finalist. Hopefully whoever’s the SoCon hiring authority isn’t easily bamboozled.
 #13430  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:47 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:27 pm
Add Toatley to the list of those transferring out from UTC...That’s three now and counting last year, Paris has had like 10 guys vacate the program.

March of 2020 Paris might find himself looking for a new job
 #13513  by tim
 Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:47 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:50 pm
Toatley was arrested March 21st for theft
https://www.chattanoogan.com/2019/3/22/ ... eport.aspx
So stupid about Toatley!! At one point he was apparently suicidal because he wasn't getting recruited due to his height, then he gets the chance with Chatt and now this. I read up on him after seeing him in Timmons. Enjoyed watching him play but he was a bit of a showboat. Can't beat stupid.
 #13546  by tya1
 Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:54 pm
Belmont replaced retired coach Rick Byrd with Lipscomb's Casey Alexander. The schools are located three miles apart on Belmont Blvd. in Nashville. Alexander played for Belmont and was an assistant there for sixteen years. He had been head coach at Stetson for two years before taking over at Lipscomb for the past six years.

Former Chattanooga coach Will Wade was reinstated by LSU.

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.