#13259  by gofurman
 Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:52 pm
Paul C wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:18 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:51 am
tya1 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:32 pm
Small forward/wing Justin Pierce has announced he is leaving William and Mary. Pierce was another Furman offer in high school. He averaged 14.9 ppg, 8.9 rpg and 4.1 apg this year. I wonder if we would have any interest in a one year grad transfer?
Maybe it's changed since I attended, but how many grad degrees does Furman actually have? I know there's some in education, but not sure what others there are. Or can you just come in and take random undergraduate classes as a grad transfer?
I think we have some UNC fans on the board that are up to speed on what types of classes count....
WELL PLAYED !!! Class and UNC do not go together any more (I fully admit, they used to). Now Sylvia Hatchell the Women's Coach is in trouble there-
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/c ... a31870e243

Does it EVER stop there? Will they ever actually punish ANYONE for all the wrongdoings???

"The outcome of the investigation, according to parents of current Tar Heels, will determine the size of a pending exodus of players. Four of the team’s 14 current players have filed paperwork seeking to transfer, according to parents with knowledge of their situations, and two additional players are considering doing the same if Hatchell keeps her job." Innocent until guilty for sure but interesting that two more players will leave if UNC allows Hatchell to keep her job... That would make roughly an exodus of HALF THE TEAM !
 #13277  by tya1
 Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:33 pm
Multiple reports say Virginia Tech will name Ryan Odom as their new coach. He had the shocking win as a #16 seed over #1 seed Virginia last year, turned UMBC around immediately after getting the job, and spent seven years as an assistant at Virginia Tech (2003-2010.) Some people may remember that he got his first assistant coaching job as an assistant to Larry Davis form 1997-99 at Furman.

Some VT fans are unhappy though. They wanted to steal a successful coach from a bigger name program.
Last edited by tya1 on Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #13280  by Affirm
 Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:37 pm
Maybe having that job, plus his years with the Big South, will lead to the SoCon hiring him as it’s new commissioner. I don’t know if that would be a move up for him. Certainly Big 12 has more $$$$, so assistant commissioner there probably has bigger salary than being the commissioner of the SoCon.
 #13281  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:57 pm
affirm wrote:
Maybe having that job, plus his years with the Big South, will lead to the SoCon hiring him as it’s new commissioner. I don’t know if that would be a move up for him. Certainly Big 12 has more $$$$, so assistant commissioner there probably has bigger salary than being the commissioner of the SoCon.
Let's hope not, he would be a terrible fit for what we need
 #13282  by gman
 Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:13 am
affirm wrote:
It would certainly be a move down for the SoCon, and that is saying a lot.
 #13289  by apaladin
 Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:31 pm
affirm wrote:
Would be a terrible move. A commissioner has to have some personality, JJ has zero.
 #13291  by Paul C
 Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:18 pm
Pete Yanity reporting Ryan Odom will remain at UMBC and Wofford’s Mike Young a finalist for the Va Tech job. Other sources says he’s the leading candidate for the job.
 #13292  by gman
 Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:42 pm
Paul C wrote:
Pete Yanity reporting Ryan Odom will remain at UMBC and Wofford’s Mike Young a finalist for the Va Tech job. Other sources says he’s the leading candidate for the job.
For the good of the SoCon, I hope he stays. Interesting to read the Wofford fan forum. https://www.terrierfans.com/viewtopic.p ... d575f32ecb
 #13295  by furpop16
 Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:26 pm
Paul C wrote:
Anybody familiar with the WC coaching staff? Do they have a CBR-like assistant waiting in the wings? I can't imagine they'd spring for a national search if they can't husband the resources to keep MY (one of the posts in the WC fan-board link shared by gman says Young is paid "$171,000...at the bottom of the league"). And we've been bickering over whether FU's compensation is cheap. Wow.
 #13297  by Affirm
 Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:52 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:31 pm
affirm wrote:
Would be a terrible move. A commissioner has to have some personality, JJ has zero.
After reading all the negatives/complaints about Iamarino on this board, for years, I had the impression that most anyone could do better than he did. So he has more personality than JJ? How does JJ do the Power 5 conference Big 12 assistant job if he’s so awful? Or did someone make a hiring mistake and his termination is in process?
 #13298  by gman
 Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:58 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:26 pm
Paul C wrote:
Anybody familiar with the WC coaching staff? Do they have a CBR-like assistant waiting in the wings? I can't imagine they'd spring for a national search if they can't husband the resources to keep MY (one of the posts in the WC fan-board link shared by gman says Young is paid "$171,000...at the bottom of the league"). And we've been bickering over whether FU's compensation is cheap. Wow.
Jay McAuley would probably be the top choice to replace Young.
FU69 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.