• Furman: Please change Spring Break to fall on different date as SoCon tournament

#13192  by gman
 Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:07 am
I agree with DR that the calendar should be changed, but let's face the truth. A school that plans events like a gymnastics tournament in Timmons during basketball season is not going to change its academic calendar. DR might want to focus on getting the SoCon to change its schedule to suit Furman's schedule. We all that will never happen either. We just need to keep winning on the court and not worry about what date the tournament is played. By the way, I still hate that the end of year tournament decides which team goes to the Big Dance. I also know that will never change too. Moving on. Looking forward to next season. It's going to be another fun year of Furman basketball.
 #13199  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:58 am
gman wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:07 am
I agree with DR that the calendar should be changed, but let's face the truth. A school that plans events like a gymnastics tournament in Timmons during basketball season is not going to change its academic calendar. DR might want to focus on getting the SoCon to change its schedule to suit Furman's schedule. We all that will never happen either. We just need to keep winning on the court and not worry about what date the tournament is played. By the way, I still hate that the end of year tournament decides which team goes to the Big Dance. I also know that will never change too. Moving on. Looking forward to next season. It's going to be another fun year of Furman basketball.

Must not give up at least, that would be to easy for the FU admin to just let it slide year after year and not let some of our voices be heard, it's too important