• NCAA Tourney

#12829  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:39 pm
Overall the tourney so far has been disappointing if you like excitement. Only 3 games out of 36 so far have been one possession games.
 #12836  by Kennypowers
 Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:52 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:15 pm
Magee vs. the P5 teams from 3:
UNC 3-16
Okla 5-13
USC 2-11
Kansas 0-9
Miss St. 4-10
Kentucky 0-12

That's 14-71 19%
For someone who can't rebound, assist, steal or block his odds at any NBA time are slim to none
Yeah rag on the player and team who give the Socon a good name. Give Wofford its props. They have done what it takes and are damn good. Its sad how they've surpassed us in sports people care about....it really is.....but they have. Face it...we are looking up at them....no matter what kind of delusion we have about previous glory. We have a real problem at Furman. We're not really relevant anymore in football. I hope we can dig out with the great coach we have but who knows....are we really committed to that???? Not sure. The bball year was great but will be an aberration... a high water mark. Nice but we'll be down next year and ostensibly never get in the big show, Depressing. Someone needs to lead us to a new level and I just don't see it right now. Pretty sad. Hope the light will appear in the tunnel again.
Affirm, Jasper liked this
 #12837  by Kennypowers
 Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:55 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:07 pm
gman wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:23 am
“Our name recognition has gotten better and better,” said Young, ... And yet, as late as Friday, Young found himself correcting someone’s enunciation of Wofford.

“If I hear one more ‘Woe-ford,’ I’m coming after you,” Young joked at his afternoon news conference. “It’s pronounced ‘Waff-ord’. We’re making great progress, but there’s work to be done.”

Exactly how I feel when I hear "Purple Paladins" ... ugh.

Why are you offended? That's what we are.
Affirm liked this
 #12839  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:14 pm
Kennypowers wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
UNC 3-16
Okla 5-13
USC 2-11
Kansas 0-9
Miss St. 4-10
Kentucky 0-12

That's 14-71 19%
For someone who can't rebound, assist, steal or block his odds at any NBA time are slim to none
Yeah rag on the player and team who give the Socon a good name. Give Wofford its props. They have done what it takes and are damn good. Its sad how they've surpassed us in sports people care about....it really is.....but they have. Face it...we are looking up at them....no matter what kind of delusion we have about previous glory. We have a real problem at Furman. We're not really relevant anymore in football. I hope we can dig out with the great coach we have but who knows....are we really committed to that???? Not sure. The bball year was great but will be an aberration... a high water mark. Nice but we'll be down next year and ostensibly never get in the big show, Depressing. Someone needs to lead us to a new level and I just don't see it right now. Pretty sad. Hope the light will appear in the tunnel again.

Lol you are a joke, and you are a Wofford fan posing as something else apparently, I did not pull those numbers out of thin air buddy, they are facts ;)

It was Furman that gave the SoCon a good name by beating Villanova, the best win outside of the league by any SoCon team all year by far

I almost feel sorry for you, to make 3 posts and this is one of them, you could not at least try to hide the fact that you are actually a Wofford fan a little better than this?!?!

Get outta here
 #12841  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:21 pm
Kennypowers wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:55 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:07 pm
gman wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:23 am
“Our name recognition has gotten better and better,” said Young, ... And yet, as late as Friday, Young found himself correcting someone’s enunciation of Wofford.

“If I hear one more ‘Woe-ford,’ I’m coming after you,” Young joked at his afternoon news conference. “It’s pronounced ‘Waff-ord’. We’re making great progress, but there’s work to be done.”

Exactly how I feel when I hear "Purple Paladins" ... ugh.

Why are you offended? That's what we are.

KennyPowers the secret Wofford fan of our board, before today here is his only other post ever here:

"Sad, but Wofford is just better than us. We'll have to win the So Con tourney to get in IMO."

Crawl back over to your own board you are not fooling anyone clown
 #12842  by Fessor
 Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:25 pm
For Wofford, this one will hurt for a while. A very winnable game. UK: good, not great.
Jasper and 1 others liked this
 #12844  by Kennypowers
 Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:21 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Kennypowers wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
UNC 3-16
Okla 5-13
USC 2-11
Kansas 0-9
Miss St. 4-10
Kentucky 0-12

That's 14-71 19%

Lol you are a joke, and you are a Wofford fan posing as something else apparently, I did not pull those numbers out of thin air buddy, they are facts ;)

It was Furman that gave the SoCon a good name by beating Villanova, the best win outside of the league by any SoCon team all year by far

I almost feel sorry for you, to make 3 posts and this is one of them, you could not at least try to hide the fact that you are actually a Wofford fan a little better than this?!?!

Get outta here

Buzz off Nerd. I've got more ties to FU sports than you'll ever have. I'm just more of a realist.
 #12845  by FUBeAR
 Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:49 am
Kennypowers wrote:
Wofford...they've surpassed us in sports people care about...

...Furman...We're not really relevant anymore in football.
Southern Conference football champions
Year Champion
2013 Furman
2017 Wofford
2018 Furman & Wofford

Wofford vs. Furman at Greenville, S.C. - 10/13/2018 at 1:05pm

#12846  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:02 am
Kennypowers wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:21 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Kennypowers wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
UNC 3-16
Okla 5-13
USC 2-11
Kansas 0-9
Miss St. 4-10
Kentucky 0-12

That's 14-71 19%

Get outta here

Buzz off Nerd. I've got more ties to FU sports than you'll ever have. I'm just more of a realist.

"buzz off nerd"
That's brilliant, just brilliant

"I'm just more of a realist"
The Wofford fan posing as a Furman fan thinks he's a realist, now that's rich
 #12847  by Kennypowers
 Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:59 am
Look dude.....I'm not a Wofford fan....I went to and played for Furman. I actually look down on Wofford (crap town and excessive vineyard vines). Make all the snide remarks you like but you might want to consider what I'm saying. You pissed me off with your negativity for a great SC underdog sports moment...Furman fan or not. Wofford's success should be an inspiration to us. If you think we're doing great as school, I just don't buy it. Look at football over the last 10-15 years....been to the playoffs a few times in underwhelming fashion, but that's about it. That's something a school lke the Citdel would feel good about. Now we have an incredible coach (and a few other good people around him) who may, it seems, against all odds, get it turned around. But are we really relevant nationally again? No......not yet. And in basketball...many on here cling to this win over Villanova like a championship.....it's not.....we finished 4th in the league and are out in round 1 of the NIT. Great year....yes.....incredible for Furman because we've sucked so bad since like what......1980? Again, good year here and there but pretty mediocre. Now in bballl, there is no clear picture that we will be as good next year other than having what seems to be a very good coach. I hope we are but odds are against that. My point in responding to you was to criticize your obnoxious ragging on a gutsy Wofford player and team that is getting it done while we're not. We/you complain about this player or that while they play Kentucky before the entire nation and make our league look good. We're ostensibly a social justice wannabe school now with a lack of true commitment to sports and no vision to grow the school's reputation through sports excellence and domination.....albeit at a limited level because it's a 1-AA feel for pretty much all of our sports because of our size. This malaise in the major sports is just an unfortunate and sad situation.....but it is reality. We are kind of a middle of the pack sports school now for those programs that have usually defined Furman. Will always keep the hope for sure, and our coaches are very solid it seems, but there is just something missing from when things were really going well here and I hope we can get it figured out. It's probably our Administration but that's always the easy answer. And I readily admit I don't have the answer.
Affirm liked this
 #12850  by Affirm
 Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:57 am
Kennypowers wrote:
Look dude.....I'm not a Wofford fan....I went to and played for Furman. I actually look down on Wofford (crap town and excessive vineyard vines). Make all the snide remarks you like but you might want to consider what I'm saying. You pissed me off with your negativity for a great SC underdog sports moment...Furman fan or not. Wofford's success should be an inspiration to us. If you think we're doing great as school, I just don't buy it. Look at football over the last 10-15 years....been to the playoffs a few times in underwhelming fashion, but that's about it. That's something a school lke the Citdel would feel good about. Now we have an incredible coach (and a few other good people around him) who may, it seems, against all odds, get it turned around. But are we really relevant nationally again? No......not yet. And in basketball...many on here cling to this win over Villanova like a championship.....it's not.....we finished 4th in the league and are out in round 1 of the NIT. Great year....yes.....incredible for Furman because we've sucked so bad since like what......1980? Again, good year here and there but pretty mediocre. Now in bballl, there is no clear picture that we will be as good next year other than having what seems to be a very good coach. I hope we are but odds are against that. My point in responding to you was to criticize your obnoxious ragging on a gutsy Wofford player and team that is getting it done while we're not. We/you complain about this player or that while they play Kentucky before the entire nation and make our league look good. We're ostensibly a social justice wannabe school now with a lack of true commitment to sports and no vision to grow the school's reputation through sports excellence and domination.....albeit at a limited level because it's a 1-AA feel for pretty much all of our sports because of our size. This malaise in the major sports is just an unfortunate and sad situation.....but it is reality. We are kind of a middle of the pack sports school now for those programs that have usually defined Furman. Will always keep the hope for sure, and our coaches are very solid it seems, but there is just something missing from when things were really going well here and I hope we can get it figured out. It's probably our Administration but that's always the easy answer. And I readily admit I don't have the answer.
Kennypowers is right. I am glad he has made these and previous comments.
PS: Social justice IS important, but still we need to also have a serious and successful commitment to sports excellence and achievement and improvement.
PPS: Football, men’s basketball, and women’s basketball, as internal avenues for social justice for allowing kids to attend Furman who would not be able to otherwise, may have much more value than some other sports at Furman. “Social justice wannabe” and excellence in football and in basketball are not mutually exclusive.
Last edited by Affirm on Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper liked this
 #12852  by Affirm
 Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:21 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:49 am
Kennypowers wrote:
Wofford...they've surpassed us in sports people care about...

...Furman...We're not really relevant anymore in football.
Southern Conference football champions
Year Champion
2013 Furman
2017 Wofford
2018 Furman & Wofford

Wofford vs. Furman at Greenville, S.C. - 10/13/2018 at 1:05pm

When he said “not really relevant in football anymore”, I think he meant “not really nationally relevant in FCS football” like we were.
 #12853  by Jasper
 Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:10 am
I agree. Furman is clearly relevant in SoCon football again but the step back to national relevance is a big one - for all the reasons we have often discussed on this board. IMO, we are on the road to the relevance with this football staff and the program they are building. I see a depth in overall talent going into next season that I have not seen in a long time. If one of our QB's develops quickly, I think we can make a significant impact on the playoffs. I actually think we are much closer to national relevance in football than we are in basketball. This season was fun and exciting but I think much too much was made over the Villanova win. The Cats lost most of their national championship team from last year and although they won the Big East tourney, they are really not back to being a good team. The Big East is not the league it was a decade ago and are showing that in the tournament. Villanova got their doors blown off last night, Seton Hall lost to Wofford and Georgetown lost in the first round of the NIT. The reality is that the Wofford BB program is much further along than Furman's and they should be congratulated for a great year. If Magee makes 2 of his 12 attempts at 3, they beat Kentucky and go on to the Sweet 16. THAT is relevance. Not withstanding, I hope and expect to beat the snot out of them in football in 2019.
 #12856  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:54 am
Kennypowers wrote:

Get the heck outta here, you pissed me off with your negativity towards Furman, you have made 5 posts on this board all pro Wofford and all negative Furman, you are a total joke
If you can't handle someone pointing out facts that Magee came up small in the games against P5 teams well that makes you worse than a Wofford fan honestly, sounds like you have your own problems to deal with, so get real
 #12857  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:59 am
affirm wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:57 am
Kennypowers wrote:
Kennypowers is right. I am glad he has made these and previous comments.
PS: Social justice IS important, but still we need to also have a serious and successful commitment to sports excellence and achievement and improvement.
PPS: Football, men’s basketball, and women’s basketball, as internal avenues for social justice for allowing kids to attend Furman who would not be able to otherwise, may have much more value than some other sports at Furman. “Social justice wannabe” and excellence in football and in basketball are not mutually exclusive.

The guy has added nothing but BS rant, what has he added other than 5 posts saying Furman sucks? He is a Fletcher Magee fanboy that got his feelings hurt by facts, that is all