#12788  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:00 pm
Fessor wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:48 am
purplehorse wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:08 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:30 pm
I see BR as Basketball Dabo at Clemson. If they are smart enough to hire him.
I just see BR at Furman for a long time. The grass is not always greener at a bigger school. I cannot imagine the joy and pleasure of putting Furman on the basketball map. Now that would be quite a story!
You have to narrow the money difference.

We don't need to pay 1 million; you can be very comfortable in G’ville on $500K, but he's not there. He's half that.

If he wants to stay, you have to take the money out of it to the extent you can. He ultimately needs to be in the $500K range. That takes the Drakes of the World out of the equation and it makes the seven figure jobs, with the high expectations/pressure/ and stiff league competition less attractive.

The question then becomes: how badly do you want him to stay (i.e., how many digits are you willing to add to that FU athletics check you write)? The money has to come from somewhere.

Bob resonates with me, as they say, and the second longest running passion in my life is FU BB. I'll gladly up what I give.

Indeed :!:
 #12800  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:55 am
Is there any way we could do some kind of house arrest on hime for the next few months. Put a monitor on him and take his phone away from him and/or intercept his calls?
 #12801  by Fuonetime
 Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:18 am
I hope FU is/has put together the best financial package for CBR. Maybe nice bonuses for achievements/ benchmarks, etc. is it possible for alumni/fans to donate to a special fund for coach retention? I think such a fund already exists and I made a contribution but have heard nothing recently. IMHO let’s retain BR and as others have said, “don’t lose him to a Drake.” He is a fabulous fit for FU. Let’s do this together! Get ‘er done!
Fessor, FUKA61, Affirm and 3 others liked this
 #12833  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:44 pm
Fuonetime wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:18 am
I hope FU is/has put together the best financial package for CBR. Maybe nice bonuses for achievements/ benchmarks, etc. is it possible for alumni/fans to donate to a special fund for coach retention? I think such a fund already exists and I made a contribution but have heard nothing recently. IMHO let’s retain BR and as others have said, “don’t lose him to a Drake.” He is a fabulous fit for FU. Let’s do this together! Get ‘er done!
Absolutely!
apaladin liked this
 #12843  by raleigh fan
 Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:58 pm
Not that I disagree he should get a pay raise but I don't think this year is the year to worry. Since Wake inexplicably has decided to keep Manning the only major power 5 jobs open right now are on the west coast (except Alabama which I don't see them being that smart and I hear they'll make a play for Pitino). App St should call the Murray st coach tomorrow since he played at App, and this is the time to leave Murray with JA going pro. Also Wes Miller is probably ahead of him on lists of our conference despite today's embarrassment. Now the two jobs worry me is if as you mentioned Clemson decides to change and the Ga State coach is about to accept the Tulane job. Those might appeal to him. Vandy I'm not sure about but I find their athletic dept. administration pretty inept. Don't think he would go W&M and I've heard that JT3 is friends with AD there. So now is the time to up the salary and up the buyout. Don't see him pulling a Niko and going far away to a mediocre job, besides I think he's a southerner. And one comment on Medved he's at the job now I always thought he would leave us for...not the stop in between.
Affirm, Jasper, Fuonetime liked this