FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:14 pm
affirm wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:30 pm
MNORM wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:52 pm
palafan wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:51 pm
Blow it up and start over. It's a horrible basketball venue.
How much of your PowerBall winnings will you be donating to the new Furman Basketball Arena project?
Should we get a message out to the dear woman who won that we are asking her for $X for this new arena? Since she desires anonymity, we can name it The Arena or anything she would like.
What is $X, by the way?
$60 million?
$80 million?
Elon & Wofford each have new arenas. What did they each cost?
Woffy’s = $35 million per https://www.ballparchitecture.com/woffo ... or-stadium
Elon’s - saw estimate’s of $40-$45 million
So we should ask our benefactor(s) for $50 million. About 6% of the mega lottery winner's net receipts.
 #12700  by ksummerlin
 Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:46 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:14 pm
affirm wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:30 pm
MNORM wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:52 pm
palafan wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:51 pm
Blow it up and start over. It's a horrible basketball venue.
How much of your PowerBall winnings will you be donating to the new Furman Basketball Arena project?
Should we get a message out to the dear woman who won that we are asking her for $X for this new arena? Since she desires anonymity, we can name it The Arena or anything she would like.
What is $X, by the way?
$60 million?
$80 million?
Elon & Wofford each have new arenas. What did they each cost?
Woffy’s = $35 million per https://www.ballparchitecture.com/woffo ... or-stadium
Elon’s - saw estimate’s of $40-$45 million
How dare they build a facility only for sport. They didn't think about terrible seats for concert stages at all in this design.
 #12705  by cavedweller2
 Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:44 pm
Bastages.
 #12730  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:02 am
So with current sellout capacity of 2,500 - I think the minimum goal for next season would be to add 250 additional seats in each endzone section, that way we increase sellout capacity to right at 3,000

500 more seats at $12 each equals $6,000 in additional revenue per game from ticket sales for the games that can sell-out, plus more can be made at the concessions
 #12739  by GOAT
 Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:36 am
How many games did we sell out this year? 5, 10, ? Many of the games we did sell out, I heard on this board, many ticket holders did not come to the games. If we win 15 games next year, will we really need more seats. Make Furman basketball the hottest ticket in SC. Make Timmons the place people want to come to and been seen. We are not there yet. After 2 years of selling out 90% of our home games, then consider more seats.
FUKA61, FU03times liked this
 #12740  by MNORM
 Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:44 am
GOAT wrote:
How many games did we sell out this year? 5, 10, ? Many of the games we did sell out, I heard on this board, many ticket holders did not come to the games. If we win 15 games next year, will we really need more seats. Make Furman basketball the hottest ticket in SC. Make Timmons the place people want to come to and been seen. We are not there yet. After 2 years of selling out 90% of our home games, then consider more seats.
My $.02
Add steep stands behind the baskets and move the student section to these seats. This will open up the prime former student section seats to the public and create a better home court advantage by putting our students right behind the basket (like most schools). This is a relatively inexpensive upgrade and wouldn't cause problems with he traffic flow to the handicap seats and the concession stand/bathrooms on the lower level.
 #12742  by gman
 Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:55 am
MNORM wrote:
GOAT wrote:
My $.02
Add steep stands behind the baskets and move the student section to these seats. This will open up the prime former student section seats to the public and create a better home court advantage by putting our students right behind the basket (like most schools). This is a relatively inexpensive upgrade and wouldn't cause problems with he traffic flow to the handicap seats and the concession stand/bathrooms on the lower level.
No. Keep the students where they are. Reward their attendance with great seats, like Duke does.
 #12745  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:10 am
GOAT wrote:

No reason to wait, if we are going to sell-out 5 games next year which I believe we can easily then we may as well have 3,000 tickets sold for those games, we are not talking about renovating timmons, we are talking about adding a few hundred seats to the baseline sections, simple things like this do not need to wait
 #12752  by 76MrMoto
 Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:41 am
My bet is Furman will follow the "Duke seating model" (i.e. high tickets prices due to increasing demand and limited seating capacity). They will do this as follows;

1. Open an additional concession stand (to sell more to current seating level).

2. Keep current seating number.

3. Increase next year's ticket prices (due to retention of current seating level and increasing demand for a limited number of seats).

4. 2-4 years out, if team continues to do well and attendance remains high, open a few hundred of the currently covered seats, etc. ,
 #12753  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:46 am
76MrMoto wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:41 am
My bet is Furman will follow the "Duke seating model" (i.e. high tickets prices due to increasing demand and limited seating capacity). They will do this as follows;

1. Open an additional concession stand (to sell more to current seating level).

2. Keep current seating number.

3. Increase next year's ticket prices (due to retention of current seating level and increasing demand for a limited number of seats).

4. 2-4 years out, if team continues to do well and attendance remains high, open a few hundred of the currently covered seats, etc. ,

Cameron Indoor seats 9,300

I think getting our capacity to 3,000 is the right number to be at, no sense in shutting folks out for some of the bigger games next year, we need to grow the fan base a bit more, 2,500 is just a bit to small
 #12763  by Affirm
 Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:19 pm
gman wrote:
MNORM wrote:
GOAT wrote:
My $.02
No. Keep the students where they are. Reward their attendance with great seats, like Duke does.
Reason DU rewards student attendance with great seats? The student attendees are hyper-enthusiastic.
Reason the DU students are hyper-enthusiastic? The team wins and has for a long, long, long, long time.
What percentage of our students desire to come to FU because of our basketball team?
What percentage of DU students desire to go to DU because of their basketball team?
What number of applicants for admission to DU choose to apply just because of basketball there?
...Yes, we CAN and SHOULD emulate that on a small scale, and I hope we will. We have a LONG (long, long, long, long) way to go, so let’s get going.
 #12806  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:40 pm
affirm wrote:
gman wrote:
MNORM wrote:
GOAT wrote:
My $.02
Reason DU rewards student attendance with great seats? The student attendees are hyper-enthusiastic.
Reason the DU students are hyper-enthusiastic? The team wins and has for a long, long, long, long time.
What percentage of our students desire to come to FU because of our basketball team?
What percentage of DU students desire to go to DU because of their basketball team?
What number of applicants for admission to DU choose to apply just because of basketball there?
...Yes, we CAN and SHOULD emulate that on a small scale, and I hope we will. We have a LONG (long, long, long, long) way to go, so let’s get going.

Yes indeed hopefully we are headed in the this direction
 #12810  by Affirm
 Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:12 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:40 pm
affirm wrote:
gman wrote:
MNORM wrote:
GOAT wrote:
My $.02

Yes indeed hopefully we are headed in the this direction
Actively, deliberately, and intelligently.
Plus with increasing support from generous donors.
 #12831  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:42 pm
Fessor wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:37 pm
Some taller bleachers behind the baskets would also add to the "hornet's nest" effect if full of raucous patrons.
Agree, that's part of what I was thinking as well