• WCU to play at Montana

#12585  by Jasper
 Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:20 am
Never been to SUNY Albany but Stony Brook is a beautiful newer campus. You could have your tailgate overlooking the Long Island Sound. Stony Brook is NOT Levittown. BTW, both of those schools are at the top of the academic ladder in the huge SUNY system.
 #12591  by FUBeAR
 Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:07 am
Jasper wrote:
Never been to SUNY Albany but Stony Brook is a beautiful newer campus. You could have your tailgate overlooking the Long Island Sound. Stony Brook is NOT Levittown. BTW, both of those schools are at the top of the academic ladder in the huge SUNY system.
yeah...Stony Brook does look pretty cool. Albany...not so much...looks like the Campus is completely surrounded by the winding confluence of I-87 & I-90 with mostly non-descript late 60’s - early 70’s ‘Government-issue’ architecture.
 #12595  by Jasper
 Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:31 am
That would be an apt description of most of Albany. Old town. Great history - some good and bawdy. "Legs" Diamond was a prominent resident. Stony Brook sounds more your style. Lots of big, old mansions overlooking the Sound on 10 acre parcels. And then there is the football. They are usually pretty good especially since Hofstra dropped the sport. IMO a very worthwhile home and home candidate.
FUBeAR liked this
 #12632  by Affirm
 Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:54 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:50 pm
affirm wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:01 pm
So keeping discussion on that level, I would like us to get home & home contracts with
Georgetown
Really, you want Furman Football to go play here?

Travelers Rest & Berea HS's have much nicer stadiums
I seriously do want the Paladins to go play there, assuming they return a game at our place.
Thanks for the photo.
 #12637  by Affirm
 Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:07 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:07 am
Jasper wrote:
yeah...Stony Brook does look pretty cool. Albany...not so much...looks like the Campus is completely surrounded by the winding confluence of I-87 & I-90 with mostly non-descript late 60’s - early 70’s ‘Government-issue’ architecture.
I agree about the ugly architecture of U at Albany, even though I have seen it only from the air. But I have spent some time in Albany, the state capital, and it is a good and interesting place and an easy place to get into and out of. Good academics. Would be good publicity for Furman and Furman football to play them home and home and win at least one of those, hopefully both.
Jasper liked this
 #12640  by soconjohn
 Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:11 pm
Affirm that’s a great idea...let’s just schedule Patriot,NEC and Pioneer conference teams in non conference from now on.As much as I’d love to see Furman play Butler (in football), ST Francis or Holy Cross, the Paladins might as well play a Big South or a MEAC school...It’s better competition
 #12645  by Affirm
 Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:18 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:11 pm
Affirm that’s a great idea...let’s just schedule Patriot,NEC and Pioneer conference teams in non conference from now on.As much as I’d love to see Furman play Butler (in football), ST Francis or Holy Cross, the Paladins might as well play a Big South or a MEAC school...It’s better competition
All I am saying is mix it up, for interest and variety and publicity. Saying play one of those schools out of our immediate area every year or 2. No problem playing MEAC, Big South, and FCS non-SoCon teams from AL and TN; just don’t limit it to always playing those for our OOC FCS competition.
Diversity in our schedule.
Don’t be always the “same old same old”.
Again, one of those type schools every year or 2 (NOT talking about Butler, St. Francis, Dayton, Valpo, Davidson, JU, etc., unless they want to come to our place only, not us go there).
 #12649  by FUBeAR
 Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:32 pm
affirm wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:54 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:50 pm
affirm wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:01 pm
So keeping discussion on that level, I would like us to get home & home contracts with
Georgetown
Really, you want Furman Football to go play here?

Travelers Rest & Berea HS's have much nicer stadiums
I seriously do want the Paladins to go play there, assuming they return a game at our place.
Thanks for the photo.
You know the Hoyas are non-scholarship, more akin to the PFL than the top-tier (Football-wise) Ivy’s...right? Playing in DC would be cool, but I’d rather see FU do a home & home with Howard than G’town. Howard isn’t great, but they are a scholarship program, have had several winning seasons since 2011, and picked up an FBS scalp from UNLV in 2017. Also, Howard is the #1 academically ranked Co-ed HBCU. Nope...not G’Town academically, but it sure ain’t East Mississippi CC neither.
 #12653  by FUBeAR
 Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:57 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:15 pm
Does NJIT hav football yet? When and if they add it, I hope Mike Buddie has em on speed dial!
No Football for the Highlanders of Newark yet, but the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds & the LIU Post Pioneers are unifying their Athletics Programs to become the LIU Sharks or Falcons or Eagles (probably 1 of those 3...still TBD) and moving to D1 FCS in the NEC. The Merrimack College Warriors are also transitioning into the NEC.

So, we’ll have to forego the pleasure of visiting Newark, NJ right now, but Brookville, NY to take on LIU and/or North Andover, MA to face Merrimack could be on your (and affirm’s) travel itineraries very soon!
 #12707  by apaladin
 Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:22 pm
We have another home and home with Colgate coming up in '21 here and '22 . Have Kennesaw St there in 2023. We have FBS games thru 2025 except 2023. That is a great home and home for WCU. No to playing at Georgetown but there stadium is awesome compared to Chuck Southern so hoping there won't be a return game.
2019 Ga. St and VPI
2020 Tennessee
2021 NC State
2022 Clempson
2023 SEC????
2024 Mississippi
2025 Clempson
 #12708  by Affirm
 Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:40 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
soconjohn wrote:
Does NJIT hav football yet? When and if they add it, I hope Mike Buddie has em on speed dial!
No Football for the Highlanders of Newark yet, but the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds & the LIU Post Pioneers are unifying their Athletics Programs to become the LIU Sharks or Falcons or Eagles (probably 1 of those 3...still TBD) and moving to D1 FCS in the NEC. The Merrimack College Warriors are also transitioning into the NEC.

So, we’ll have to forego the pleasure of visiting Newark, NJ right now, but Brookville, NY to take on LIU and/or North Andover, MA to face Merrimack could be on your (and affirm’s) travel itineraries very soon!
Sarcasm.
FUBeAR liked this
 #12717  by FUBeAR
 Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:33 am
affirm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
soconjohn wrote:

Sarcasm.
Perhaps, a little, but all true...and most likely, new FCS Football info for many here.

You know, a study was released just this week showing that 20% of millennials feel getting 0 “Likes” on a social media post is more stressful than having an argument with their partner. https://www.studyfinds.org/survey-mille ... er-before/ - and you gave me a “DISLIKE” :o for that highly informative (somewhat humorous - just thinking about playing against the Brooklyn Blackbirds, alone, is dang funny) post. If I start having stress-induced self-harm ideations now, it’s all on you!
 #12724  by Affirm
 Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:57 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:33 am
affirm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
soconjohn wrote:

Sarcasm.
Perhaps, a little, but all true...and most likely, new FCS Football info for many here.

You know, a study was released just this week showing that 20% of millennials feel getting 0 “Likes” on a social media post is more stressful than having an argument with their partner. https://www.studyfinds.org/survey-mille ... er-before/ - and you gave me a “DISLIKE” :o for that highly informative (somewhat humorous - just thinking about playing against the Brooklyn Blackbirds, alone, is dang funny) post. If I start having stress-induced self-harm ideations now, it’s all on you!
1. Removed my dislike. Suicide is serious. If you are a millennial (I thought you were a little older than that), you might be in that 20% (and not in the great majority 80% who do not have those negative feelings from not getting likes).
2. The schools I have mentiioned are ones that are relatively well-known.
3. I would be interested in traveling to NYC (the NJ and the NY ones you’ve mentioned are right at NYC) and to Andover, MA, to see Furman play a well-known school such as Columbia or Fordham or UMass (which I realize is now FBS for who knows what reason).
I would be interested in games with FU vs. LIU after they are available as FCS. I have no animosity towards NJIT.
4. Don’t worry. I expect we’ll still be able to have games vs. the schools from Kennesaw, GA, and Jacksonville, AL, and maybe even branch out and schedule games vs. the schools from Clarksville, Martin, and Cookville. Not sure how many more games we’ll have vs. Point though.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.