• (19-14) Wichita St. @ (25-7) Furman (March 20th)(NIT First Round)

#12439  by apaladin
 Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:19 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:30 pm
Very intriguing slate of NIT games on Tuesday night:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... _/group/98
Hopefully the new commissioner can improve the SoCon's relationship with espn. Would be nice to get 2-3 regular season games a year on the regular espn channels like practically every other conference. UNCG is the only #1 seed not to have their game on their regular channels and they are playing Campbell who has the leading scorer in the country so you would think they would televise that game. Of course our game never had a chance.
QCGlue and 1 others liked this
 #12440  by fufanatic
 Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:46 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:19 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:30 pm
Very intriguing slate of NIT games on Tuesday night:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... _/group/98
Hopefully the new commissioner can improve the SoCon's relationship with espn. Would be nice to get 2-3 regular season games a year on the regular espn channels like practically every other conference.
To add to that, if we do get to that point, I hope we have some flexibility in which games are picked. This year is a bad example because the schools that were anticipated to be good were good, but say The Citadel was supposed to be good before the season started, so ESPN picks Citadel - Wofford ... but then Citadel is having a down year and Chattnooga has a better than anticipated year ... I would hope they could easily transition to Wofford - UTC to show the best possible SoCon product on national TV.
 #12445  by Affirm
 Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:21 pm
gman wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:12 pm
We are getting more coverage from the Wichita newspaper than from the Greenville News.
Amazing.
What’s even more disgusting is we are getting ZERO coverage from The State, which has now had big articles about Clemson being in the NIT 2 days consecutively.
...Wonder what coverage, if any, has been given WSU by the main newspapers in Topeka and in Kansas City (Missouri; I assume Kansas City, KS, does not have a “big” newspaper).
 #12447  by gman
 Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:39 pm
My son just pointed out that the Wichita State men’s golf team is competing in the Furman Intercollegiate Golf Tournament this weekend. I wonder if they will arrive early to cheer on the basketball team?
Update. The answer is yes.
Last edited by gman on Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #12448  by gman
 Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:42 pm
affirm wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:21 pm
gman wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:12 pm
We are getting more coverage from the Wichita newspaper than from the Greenville News.
Amazing.
What’s even more disgusting is we are getting ZERO coverage from The State, which has now had big articles about Clemson being in the NIT 2 days consecutively.
...Wonder what coverage, if any, has been given WSU by the main newspapers in Topeka and in Kansas City (Missouri; I assume Kansas City, KS, does not have a “big” newspaper).
Still getting good coverage in The Post and Courier.
 #12449  by Flagman
 Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:51 pm
gman wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:55 pm
If you do Twitter, follow this guy.

Shockers on the way to Greenville.
He had an error in one of his earlier articles, saying our colors were purple and black. I corrected him via email. He acknowledged it.
dornb liked this
 #12451  by gman
 Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:54 pm
Flagman wrote:
gman wrote:

He had an error in one of his earlier articles, saying our colors were purple and black. I corrected him via email. He acknowledged it.
Don’t give him a hard time. He is our media source for the game!
 #12452  by Flagman
 Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:56 pm
gman wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:54 pm
Flagman wrote:
gman wrote:

Don’t give him a hard time. He is our media source for the game!
If he's going to write about us he needs to be accurate. :lol:
dornb liked this
 #12454  by fufanatic
 Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:25 pm
gman wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:39 pm
My son just pointed out that the Wichita State men’s golf team is competing in the Furman Intercollegiate Golf Tournament this weekend. I wonder if they will arrive early to cheer on the basketball team?
Update. The answer is yes.
Will probably only be 7-9 people, but I bet they will be loud. I hope our students and fans will be ready to make some noise.

And of course it's Furman's luck that they play a team that has a former assistant now in the SoCon as a head coach. Film is great, but getting that personalized insight will be helpful I'm sure.
dornb liked this