• 2019 offers

#32  by Paul C
 Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:33 pm
Per his Twitter feed we have offered 6-5/230 OT/LS Evan Jumper of Myrtle Beach HS. Was 2nd team All Toast of the Coast as a Jr this year.
 #48  by AstroDin
 Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:09 pm
Saw him with his parents at a game this past season… I thought he was a tobight end - tall and lean.
 #56  by The Jackal
 Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:04 am
AstroDin wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:09 pm
Saw him with his parents at a game this past season… I thought he was a tobight end - tall and lean.
I imagine Furman is going to look heavily at high school TEs that might be a step slower and look to move them to the OL. There is probably a market inefficiency there, as these guys may not be fast enough to play TE at many schools but also might be too light to be seriously looked at for the OL. That sort of player is a perfect fit for Furman.
 #78  by gman84
 Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:48 pm
With the proper use of growth altering supplements anything is possible.
 #83  by fufanatic
 Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:12 pm
I heard an NFL o-linman talking recently about how athletic the position has become, leaner, stronger, quicker, but still BIG. And the way he said it's happened is coaches are taking like Jackal said, TEs, DEs, etc., recognizing that their bodies can handle extra weight and bulking them up. There's one Eagles lineman who played some QB in HS and I think safety! Makes sense and sounds like a great way to help lineman change with the times of these quicker, hybrid players on the d-line.
 #89  by The Jackal
 Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:53 pm
Hendrix stated that we would probably focus on a few OL this upcoming recruiting class.

From what I understand, the last two cycles Furman has been able to land some really solid defensive linemen that are not typically available, and when such a player becomes available, you snatch them up.

This is probably an exaggeration, but we look a lot taller and leaner on the line than we used to be. A few years ago, our tallest OL would be 6'3 or 6'4. Now we have only two or three players total shorter than 6'3. Only one player is 300+, and that's Bo McKinney who has (according to the latest roster) dropped almost 30 pounds since last season.
 #413  by AstroDin
 Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:52 am
FYI… twitter is a treasure trove of the juniors that made visits Saturday… I'll try to get my nerd on and create a visit list.
 #414  by AstroDin
 Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:14 am
Just a tiny fraction of the players who made the visit for the spring game.
Below are the players who've posted on Twitter. BTW… some of the biggest high school players I've ever seen.
Most of the OL players were really big dudes.

Logan Billings - Boiling Springs LB
RJ Evans - High Point Christian DT
Nate Hope - Johns Creek RB
Tanner Corum - Farragut - WR/SS
JT Middleton - Jefferson - OT
Tyron Stockdale - North Myrtle Beach - WR
Marc Dougherty - Jesuit/New Orleans - MLB
Matt Willbanks - Centennial - OT
David Bowman - West Forsyth - OT
Daylan Littlejohn - Gaffney - LB
Luke Kirby - Grace Christian - QB
Jack Breedlove - Maynard Jackson - K
Alex Murphy - Indian Land - OLB/SS
Luke Ellenberger - Brevard - WR/DB
Jalen Leary - Calvary Day - RB
Will Colins - Brentwood - OL
Tarod Brown - Nash Central - TE
QCGlue liked this
 #415  by AstroDin
 Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:18 am
OK, guys I have no idea if we're going to offer this kid… Jack Breedlove -- but you have to watch this video.
QCGlue, Bootie liked this
 #639  by JohnW
 Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:24 pm
According to 247 Sports Cameron Hite, 6-2 210 WR, from Greeneville, Tn has an offer. Wake Forest commit.

From his twitter Alex Meredith, 6-0 185 4.6 QB/FS, from Hannah has an offer. Army commit.

From his twitter Jack Barton, 6-4 235 DE/TE, from Centennial HS, Roswell has an offer. Furman commit.
Last edited by JohnW on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
 #772  by fupaladin01
 Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:57 pm
Furman offered jr QB Alex Meredith from TL Hanna. Kid is really impressive. I understand he has offers from the service academies as well.
 #1020  by JohnW
 Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:37 pm
From his twitter Jelani Machen, 6-0 180 DB/SB, from Landon HS in Bethesda has an offer. Harvard commit.

From his twitter Noah Henderson, 6-1 195 WR, from CPA in Nashville has an offer. Charlotte commit.
Last edited by JohnW on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #1025  by Purple Reign
 Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:37 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:14 am
Daylan Littlejohn - Gaffney - LB
I would have a lot of fun cheering for this young man alongside DB Brian Okeh, based on their names alone.

#1118  by JohnW
 Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:37 pm
From his twitter Gabriel Jeudy, 6-1 170 CB/WR, from Ardrey Kell in Charlotte has an offer. Vandy commit.

From his twitter Jordan Veneziale, 6-1 220 4.5 LB, from N.Paulding has an offer. Georgia St commit.
Last edited by JohnW on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by cavedweller2

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:42 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.