• Tre Clark

#11080  by Jasper
 Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:10 am
Paul C wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:01 pm
BTW, Jon Jean is averaging 28 min/game, 10.0ppg, 5.1apg, 2.7rpg and 1.2spg while shooting 47% overall and 44% from 3.

Happy for him. Hard working kid with a great attitude that deserved a chance to play.
I would not be shocked to see Jalen Williams put up some decent numbers at another school next season either.
fufanatic liked this
 #11083  by MNORM
 Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:14 am
edwards555 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:56 pm
It seems to me that Tre is lining up as a small forward on offense. So he is adjusting to a new position. His high dribble was finally exposed and I believe he will be a better player as a small forward.
Correct...Tre even warms up with the big men prior to the games now.

When we meet up with Wofford again in the finals in Asheville, I hope we see Tre on MacGee for about 15 minutes while Hunter guards Hoover or Murphy. It's a lot to ask of a PG to face-guard MacGee all over the place and then lead the offense for 30+ minutes. We'll give up a little on offense with Tre, but in all honesty, it's been the Rafferty and Lyons show the last couple of big games anyway (40 of 72 points vs Wofford / 48 of 67 points vs UNCG). I think Hunter would be more productive on offense with fresher legs.
 #11084  by cavedweller2
 Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:00 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:33 am
Lenoir Rhyne

3:33 a.m.????? Watching the Late Late Early Early show again?
 #11085  by fufanatic
 Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:24 am
MNORM wrote:
edwards555 wrote:
It seems to me that Tre is lining up as a small forward on offense. So he is adjusting to a new position. His high dribble was finally exposed and I believe he will be a better player as a small forward.
We'll give up a little on offense with Tre, but in all honesty, it's been the Rafferty and Lyons show the last couple of big games anyway (40 of 72 points vs Wofford / 48 of 67 points vs UNCG). I think Hunter would be more productive on offense with fresher legs.
That's honestly terrifying. Two players - no matter how good they are - aren't going to lead a team to three tough wins by themselves in Asheville. Other guys have to step up or we might only have 3-4 games left in this amazing season.
dornb liked this
 #11088  by CharlieFU
 Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:22 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:00 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:33 am
Lenoir Rhyne

3:33 a.m.????? Watching the Late Late Early Early show again?
I was wondering if anyone would catch that!

A potty break.
 #11095  by CharlieFU
 Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:23 pm
fufanatic wrote:
MNORM wrote:
edwards555 wrote:
We'll give up a little on offense with Tre, but in all honesty, it's been the Rafferty and Lyons show the last couple of big games anyway (40 of 72 points vs Wofford / 48 of 67 points vs UNCG). I think Hunter would be more productive on offense with fresher legs.
That's honestly terrifying. Two players - no matter how good they are - aren't going to lead a team to three tough wins by themselves in Asheville. Other guys have to step up or we might only have 3-4 games left in this amazing season.
It is true that the percentage of points by Lyons and Rafferty was higher (55% and 72%) in those two games than our season average for them (44%). I would like it lower but I would not call it "terrifying." The fact is Mounce and Gurley have been inconsistent over the course of the season, which is not unexpected. Gurley is a R-F--never played a minute of college ball until this past November. Mounce is a R-Soph with limited PT last year.

Let's look at a few numbers for the season. Raff, Lyons and Mounce represent 56% of our points based on 78 ppg. Gurley, Hunter and Brown make up 32%
 #11096  by MNORM
 Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:35 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:23 pm
fufanatic wrote:
MNORM wrote:
edwards555 wrote:
It is true that the percentage of points by Lyons and Rafferty was higher (55% and 72%) in those two games than our season average for them (44%). I would like it lower but I would not call it "terrifying." The fact is Mounce and Gurley have been inconsistent over the course of the season, which is not unexpected. Gurley is a R-F--never played a minute of college ball until this past November. Mounce is a R-Soph with limited PT last year.

Let's look at a few numbers for the season. Raff, Lyons and Mounce represent 56% of our points based on 78 ppg. Gurley, Hunter and Brown make up 32%
IMHO, this reinforces the idea that having Tre out there guarding MacGee for ~15 minutes (to reduce the drain on Hunter) wouldn't hurt us much on offense. I'll gladly give up Andrew Brown taking a couple of shots in order to have Tre on the court driving MacGee nuts and keeping him from getting into a rhythm.
 #11105  by youwouldno
 Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:34 pm
Jasper wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:21 pm
Paul C wrote:
BTW, Jon Jean is averaging 28 min/game, 10.0ppg, 5.1apg, 2.7rpg and 1.2spg while shooting 47% overall and 44% from 3.

Happy for him. Hard working kid with a great attitude that deserved a chance to play.
I am not surprised at all by those numbers. He's a good player and would have helped at FU this year. He took care of the ball and penetrated very well. He saw the handwriting on the wall when he was not John Davis' backup and instead pretty much rode the pine. I am happy for him that he got a chance to play more basketball. He is a very good kid.
Actually, Jean was extremely turnover prone and has pretty much continued to be this season at L-R.
 #11111  by PaladinPower
 Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:57 am
youwouldno wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Paul C wrote:

I am not surprised at all by those numbers. He's a good player and would have helped at FU this year. He took care of the ball and penetrated very well. He saw the handwriting on the wall when he was not John Davis' backup and instead pretty much rode the pine. I am happy for him that he got a chance to play more basketball. He is a very good kid.
Actually, Jean was extremely turnover prone and has pretty much continued to be this season at L-R.
Jon Jean has posted 137 assists this season to his 66 assists. Good for about 2.1 assist/TO. Matt Rafferty has a nearly identical ratio.
Jasper and 1 others liked this
 #11112  by Jasper
 Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:50 am
PaladinPower wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:57 am
youwouldno wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Paul C wrote:

Jon Jean has posted 137 assists this season to his 66 assists. Good for about 2.1 assist/TO. Matt Rafferty has a nearly identical ratio.
I assume you meant to say "to his 66 turnovers" to account for the very good ratio for a point guard of 2.1 assist/TO.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.