• Matt Rafferty Makes History?

#10652  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:54 pm
Remember when we thought Matt might be done for his career a couple years ago because of his back issues/ect.?
Kuddos to him for working so hard and coming so far since then!
FUKA61, furpop16, Fessor and 5 others liked this
 #10785  by FU03times
 Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:44 pm
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. Matt Rafferty is a blessing to this team and I wish I could say that it was just in terms of stats (because this way I would not feel as upset about him graduating) but dear lord he is so much more than that. If he’s not the team’s glue, I don’t know who is! I want to watch him play for as long as he can. He is simply wonderful. Thank you Matt Rafferty!
FUKA61, dornb liked this
 #10786  by PaladinPower
 Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:55 pm
This question may be due to ignorance, but why is MR not getting more looks from scouts of the NBA? He obviously can produce in every aspect of the game even thought he lacks size that others have. He is 2 inches shorter than Ethan Happ, but he shoots free throws WAY better and doesn't turn it over often.
 #10789  by Paul C
 Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:19 pm
Ya know what they call 6-8 guys in the NBA?

Point guards....

seriously...I think Matt does struggle (like most do) when matched up vs guys that are just so much more physically superior. Think Naz Reid. When the talent delta is modest he can still thrive, but he's not going beat an NBA C or 4 like he does a mid-major C or 4. Which is why he can probably play ball a long time and make a nice living overseas if he so chooses....
fufanatic, dornb liked this
 #10791  by fufanatic
 Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:39 pm
Agree with everything that Paul C said ... for the NBA, he needs to be either a few inches taller to play the 4 or 5, or quicker, stronger and a better 3-point shooter to play the 3. But rather than critique him too much, I would say I look forward to seeing what he decides to do post-Furman. He would also make a phenomenal coach if he wanted to go that route. How cool would it be if he played overseas for 5-10 years and then came back to Furman to start a coaching career?
MNORM, dornb liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.