• (23-4) Wofford @ (22-5) Furman Feb. 23rd (Worst Officiated Game in SoCon History)

#10682  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:27 am
gman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:49 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:36 pm
All you have to do is watch this lol, its ridiculous flopping at its finest

13 seconds in Magee flops
50 seconds in Magee flops and gets a foul call for a 4 point play

It cannot be disputed, the kid flops nonstop out there

This video proves my point. He rarely jumps straight up to shoot. His body is always twisted. Many times, he lands on one foot. His momentum takes him to the floor. That is what makes him so difficult to defend. Beat Woffy.

This video proves my point 100%, he flops himself to the ground after shooting three's many times on purpose for the sole reason of trying to draw phantom foul calls, basketball play like this is the very reason the term "flop" has been coined
If Mr. Magee does not like that name for himself then he can cut this junk out of his game easily, otherwise he will be appropriately referred to as Flopper Magee
 #10684  by gman
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:32 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
gman wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

This video proves my point. He rarely jumps straight up to shoot. His body is always twisted. Many times, he lands on one foot. His momentum takes him to the floor. That is what makes him so difficult to defend. Beat Woffy.

This video proves my point 100%, he flops himself to the ground after shooting three's many times on purpose for the sole reason of trying to draw phantom foul calls, basketball play like this is the very reason the term "flop" has been coined
If Mr. Magee does not like that name for himself then he can cut this junk out of his game easily, otherwise he will be appropriately referred to as Flopper Magee
You are the only one giving him that name. I’ve never seen it from any other source. I don’t like Woffy or Magee. But, I respect what they have done to put a winning product on the court. Magee is just one part of a really good team. Beat Woffy.
 #10700  by soconjohn
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:32 am
Wofford's players are good kids...Most understand that and it's all in good fun...Those who take it too seriously, like that guy that wanted to like fight or whatever from Wofford takes it way too seriously...Basketball is a game where if you can't have some light-hearted fun, then I am not sure what you do to relax...That's what sports are...An avenue to get away from the stressors of life...I believe in a little heckling done within reason and in the spirit of the game.
MNORM, FU03times and 1 others liked this
 #10701  by paladinfan12
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:37 am
soconjohn wrote:
Wofford's players are good kids...Most understand that and it's all in good fun...Those who take it too seriously, like that guy that wanted to like fight or whatever from Wofford takes it way too seriously...Basketball is a game where if you can't have some light-hearted fun, then I am not sure what you do to relax...That's what sports are...An avenue to get away from the stressors of life...I believe in a little heckling done within reason and in the spirit of the game.
Is there an instance where we would suggest kids on a college basketball team aren't good kids?
 #10707  by CharlieFU
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:47 am
paladinfan12 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:37 am
soconjohn wrote:
Is there an instance where we would suggest kids on a college basketball team aren't good kids?
Yes.
 #10711  by FUBALL5510
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:10 am
affirm wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:02 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:34 pm
Both teams and fan bases know what is at stake here. This is about a lot more than pride or bragging rights.

Furman can't let McGee beat them. Wofford can't let Rafferty beat them. The game, I think, is going to come down to those support players. We'll need a big game from Gurley and Mounce.
I agree that this game against Wofford, and any additional game(s) we have against them this year, will be won by the players actions. Of course, officiating might play a part. What I am concerned about is Furman’s team “letting Wofford get into Furman’s head” due to Wofford’s basketball success this year so far and due even to Wofford’s basketball comparative success generally over the entire last 10 years. What do they have now, 4 NCAA tourney seasons in the decade? Time for Furman to start catching up.
This team didn't let 2 national championships in 3 years stop them from beating Villanova, and this collective group of players has arguably had more success than Wofford's group. I agree with your point that Furman needs to catch up in the tournament appearances, but I disagree that Wofford has any sort of mental advantage going into the game.

Key to the game (in my opinion): Wofford's 42% 3 pt shooting vs FU defense holding opponents 31.6% 3 pt shooting
 #10718  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:10 pm
gman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:32 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
gman wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

You are the only one giving him that name. I’ve never seen it from any other source. I don’t like Woffy or Magee. But, I respect what they have done to put a winning product on the court. Magee is just one part of a really good team. Beat Woffy.
Any other source lol what does that mean? I respect Magee too, but I sure as heck won't turn a blind eye to his ridiculous flopping exploits ;)
ETSU called him by that name all last season

Fyi, Flopper Magee all time postseason record: 2-4
 #10738  by Bootie
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:44 pm
Magee can shoot off-balance like nobody I've seen. He does often end up on the floor after a shot, but I've never seen him get up looking at the ref for a call or whining bc he didn't get it. I do not believe he does that on purpose just to try and get a foul, I think it's just a result of the way he plays the game. I respect his athleticism.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:22 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.