• (23-4) Wofford @ (22-5) Furman Feb. 23rd (Worst Officiated Game in SoCon History)

#10664  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:29 pm
gman wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:21 pm
I’ve watched Magee in a lot of games. He’s a clutch player. He does hit the court a lot, but I always thought that was due to momentum taking him down after he shoots one of his off balance shots. He is not a flopper.

Gman you can't be serious, its due to him flopping, he picks up a phantom 3 point foul in nearly every game due to his flopping exploits and that is the sole reason he does it. Last time we played them he picked up 1 or 2 of those phantom fouls shooting 3's. He is a flopper to the nth degree
 #10667  by youwouldno
 Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:43 pm
gman wrote:
I’ve watched Magee in a lot of games. He’s a clutch player. He does hit the court a lot, but I always thought that was due to momentum taking him down after he shoots one of his off balance shots. He is not a flopper.
Wow, I hope you are related to Magee or something, this is an awful, awful take. He demonstrably flops over and over again, and it has nothing to do with his "momentum" - he jumps straight up, and then pretends to receive contact and hurls himself onto the ground.
MNORM, furman88, fufanatic and 1 others liked this
 #10668  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:45 pm
youwouldno wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:43 pm
gman wrote:
Wow, I hope you are related to Magee or something, this is an awful, awful take. He demonstrably flops over and over again, and it has nothing to do with his "momentum" - he jumps straight up, and then pretends to receive contact and hurls himself onto the ground.

Agree!
Gman watch the video, that is Magee in every single game for the last 4 years
furman88 liked this
 #10672  by The Jackal
 Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:34 pm
Both teams and fan bases know what is at stake here. This is about a lot more than pride or bragging rights.

Furman can't let McGee beat them. Wofford can't let Rafferty beat them. The game, I think, is going to come down to those support players. We'll need a big game from Gurley and Mounce.
FUKA61, FUpaladin08, Affirm and 2 others liked this
 #10673  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Both teams and fan bases know what is at stake here. This is about a lot more than pride or bragging rights.

Furman can't let McGee beat them. Wofford can't let Rafferty beat them. The game, I think, is going to come down to those support players. We'll need a big game from Gurley and Mounce.
.....and Lyons and Hunter and Brown.
dornb liked this
 #10674  by Affirm
 Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:02 pm
The Jackal wrote:

I agree that this game against Wofford, and any additional game(s) we have against them this year, will be won by the players actions. Of course, officiating might play a part. What I am concerned about is Furman’s team “letting Wofford get into Furman’s head” due to Wofford’s basketball success this year so far and due even to Wofford’s basketball comparative success generally over the entire last 10 years. What do they have now, 4 NCAA tourney seasons in the decade? Time for Furman to start catching up.
 #10679  by gman
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:49 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:36 pm
All you have to do is watch this lol, its ridiculous flopping at its finest

13 seconds in Magee flops
50 seconds in Magee flops and gets a foul call for a 4 point play

It cannot be disputed, the kid flops nonstop out there

This video proves my point. He rarely jumps straight up to shoot. His body is always twisted. Many times, he lands on one foot. His momentum takes him to the floor. That is what makes him so difficult to defend. Beat Woffy.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:22 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.