• (23-4) Wofford @ (22-5) Furman Feb. 23rd (Worst Officiated Game in SoCon History)

#10603  by furpop16
 Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:30 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:00 pm
Very quiet on the Wofford message board (zero posts) today, those guys are probably a little down that they did not get ranked today (they have never been ranked) as I know many of them thought they might get into the top 25
https://www.terrierfans.com/viewforum.php?f=2

You all are exposing me for the shallow, infantile, jingoistic, short-sighted misanthrope I really am.

I couldn't be more thrilled.
underjack and 1 others liked this
 #10604  by purplehorse
 Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:02 pm
My guess is MVP will be very close between Rafferty and Magee. I hope I am wrong. Amazing to have two such strong candidates.

I think Rafferty finishing strong and this last Fu-Wofford, Rafferty-Magee matchup could make a difference.
 #10608  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:36 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:11 pm
First 200 students get a glow in the dark tee-shirt. Should have some left over , LOL.

lol, lets hope not, I am going to be hopeful they show up for this one
 #10623  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:07 am
paladinfan12 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:04 am
Rafferty is awesome, but I can see SoCon player of the year coming down to he and Fletch depending on who shows up this Saturday.
Good point, gotta protect homecourt!
 #10630  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:33 am
Basketball truly is a fine line:
Wofford barely beats Furman and Samford
Fuman barley losses to Wofford and Samford

Those games in the middle of the season could have very easily swung the other way, and we would be tied for first place, however they did not so we MUST protect Timmons Saturday to keep our momentum going and also to stay in the serious At-Large conversation

Gotta bring the energy on the court and in the stands!
FUpaladin08, dornb, furman88 and 1 others liked this
 #10657  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:48 pm
So here is the latest bit of brilliance from the Wofford fan base, who apparently have gotten their feelings hurt that Mr. Magee has been called out as a flopper (which is nothing new, FU/UNCG/ETSU fans have been saying that for several years now)

Per a Wofford Fan on their message board:
"Success breeds enemies. They’re cowards though. They’d never talk junk about Wofford or our players to my face because they know I’d beat the living snot out of them! They’re jealous people who are very arrogant and think they have some sort of birthright to be at the top...you know the type. But at their heart they are also a bunch of scared rabbits...they’d talk junk behind your back but would run the other way if they saw you coming"