• (7-18) VMI @ (21-5) Furman Feb. 16th

#10423  by Paul C
 Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:17 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:50 am
Yep but I still betcha the end zone seats will be mostly empty and there will be plenty of seats in the student section. . BTW where was the band last night???????? A huge game and no band? Only at Furman. If it's a matter of money I am sure many of us would kick in a few bucks to get them there.
I asked Mike Buddie and he said they are preparing for a competition. I didn't ask but I sure hope the competition they are prepping for isn't on Saturday.....
 #10432  by apaladin
 Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:36 pm
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Yep but I still betcha the end zone seats will be mostly empty and there will be plenty of seats in the student section. . BTW where was the band last night???????? A huge game and no band? Only at Furman. If it's a matter of money I am sure many of us would kick in a few bucks to get them there.
I asked Mike Buddie and he said they are preparing for a competition. I didn't ask but I sure hope the competition they are prepping for isn't on Saturday.....
That is very laughable. like we said only at Furman. :?
 #10434  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:40 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:36 pm
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:
That is very laughable. like we said only at Furman. :?

True, we have 15 home games in bball plus the SoCon tourney and 5 or 6 home football games on a good year (that's not asking to much)
 #10436  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:44 pm
Its all good though, one would hope we get the program to the point where the band members put their foot down in a situation like that and say "no we don't care we want to be at the BBall game too!" ;)
MNORM, underjack liked this
 #10447  by PaladinPower
 Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:50 pm
The band will be performing at Carnegie Hall next month. Probably the competition Buddie was speaking of... As a former basketball band member, I will say the band loves to play at all of the games but they usually only schedule 6 games for the men and 6 for the women. You can bet that they will be at the Wofford game for Senior night if they are not present this Saturday.
 #10448  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:58 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
The band will be performing at Carnegie Hall next month. Probably the competition Buddie was speaking of... As a former basketball band member, I will say the band loves to play at all of the games but they usually only schedule 6 games for the men and 6 for the women. You can bet that they will be at the Wofford game for Senior night if they are not present this Saturday.

And that needs to change, they need to be present more often as they are at major college hoops games, might as well be
underjack liked this
 #10450  by furpop16
 Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:02 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
The band will be performing at Carnegie Hall next month. Probably the competition Buddie was speaking of...

In the "Battle of the Bands from Schools without Strong Basketball Programs" competition.
MNORM and 1 others liked this
 #10451  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:12 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:02 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
The band will be performing at Carnegie Hall next month. Probably the competition Buddie was speaking of...

In the "Battle of the Bands from Schools without Strong Basketball Programs" competition.

Lol yep, FU will finally make the dance and the band won't be there, sounds about right

Kinda like how Wofford, ETSU, UNCG will have good student support in Asheville at the tournament and FU will have none because we apparently refuse to change spring break to fall 1 week later, typical
 #10462  by apaladin
 Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:08 pm
Scheduling the band for 6 games out of 15 or so is ridiculous. I have always thought the band and cheerleaders were supposed to be there to support the teams. At least that is what it looks like at most schools. I guess this is not the case at FU. Betting they are a no show tomorrow too. If they are practicing for a whatever a month away is missing 2 hours really going to make a difference a month in advance.
gman, underjack and 1 others liked this
 #10464  by PaladinPower
 Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:46 am
I'm no spokesperson for the band but I am pretty sure they try to go to most of the conference games and a couple in December and November. Also have to get to a few girls games. Basketball band isn't required like the marching band is. It is a bunch of volunteers. Maybe the administration should support that group more?
Fessor, underjack, dornb and 1 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.