• (19-6) ETSU @ (19-5) Furman Feb. 9th

#10181  by MNORM
 Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:41 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:35 pm
Forbes has taken his team to the NCAA tournament...we have not. Forbes will have his team ready in the SOCON tournament. Dick or not.
I bet Forbes doesn't do 20% of what CBR does to prepare young men for success AFTER their college playing careers are over. I'll take that every day over having a d*ck take us to the dance a couple of times.
dornb, FU03times and 1 others liked this
 #10183  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:16 pm
MNORM wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:41 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:35 pm
Forbes has taken his team to the NCAA tournament...we have not. Forbes will have his team ready in the SOCON tournament. Dick or not.
I bet Forbes doesn't do 20% of what CBR does to prepare young men for success AFTER their college playing careers are over. I'll take that every day over having a d*ck take us to the dance a couple of times.

I wonder what percentage of those 1 and 2 year player rentals etsu has come through there actually end up with some type of a degree from etsu?
MNORM liked this
 #10187  by purplehorse
 Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:47 pm
Many many coaches have competency but not character (like any profession). In a win-at-all-cost culture competency gets the headlines. Sure folks are wired differently but character flaws show up. BR has both character and competency and again I hope he will be at Furman for a long long time.
FUKA61, furpop16, underjack and 2 others liked this
 #10210  by hypercycloid
 Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:19 am
furpop16 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:49 am

“It was a disgraceful effort. Disgraceful to ETSU, the program we’ve built since I’ve been there.”

“I was doing everything I could to get them to go and they didn’t compete. I apologize to the people who came to the game and the people who wasted their time watching it on television. From Thursday to now is disgraceful. I won’t tolerate it and we’ll get it fixed.”

Now can any of us imagine Coach BR saying such things? While Coach isn’t afraid to express his disappointment and call-it-like-it-is after a flub-up, he’s careful never to belittle the players. He can also be counted on to share any blame, himself.

Any ETSU disgrace occurred after the game in the press-pool.

It’s Sunday. It’s a great day to be a Paladin fan and a great day to give thanks for our wonderful coach.
He made similar comments about his bench players after last week's Wofford loss. I guess he wants to make sure everyone knows it's not his fault his team sucks right now--it's just those no good lazy kids. Definitely makes BR look like even more of a class act.
FU03times and 1 others liked this
 #10212  by Flagman
 Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:43 am
We don't need Steve Forbes' example to remind us that we have a real class act in Bob Richey. Just spend a few minutes with Coach Richey and that's all you'll need.
Forbes and citadel's Duggar are cut from the same mold. (That's my perspective from observing both coaches during games.)
FU03times liked this
 #10215  by CharlieFU
 Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:22 pm
Flagman wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:43 am
We don't need Steve Forbes' example to remind us that we have a real class act in Bob Richey. Just spend a few minutes with Coach Richey and that's all you'll need.
Forbes and citadel's Duggar are cut from the same mold. (That's my perspective from observing both coaches during games./quote]

Forbes was fired at Tenn for lying. Served a one year show cause during which he couldn’t coach. That says a lot

Duggar might have a potty mouth (which he ought to clean up) but I’m not aware of any reason to doubt his integrity. The folks at VMI liked him and were sorry to lose him.

No credible comparison between the two in my mind.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by cavedweller2

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:42 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.