• (19-6) ETSU @ (19-5) Furman Feb. 9th

#10152  by furpop16
 Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:46 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:27 pm
furpep wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:05 pm
My son is a student and he was told that all Student seating was gone. I gave him my 4 tix for the game so his friends could attend. Hope they made it.

Then where the hell were they??? The student section was just over half full.

I’m guessing once the rumor gets going that the student section is full, that’s it. Students don’t even bother to check whether it’s true or not.

Does whoever manages student seating aggressively promote “Student Seating Still Available” on campus until those tickets are exhausted?
underjack liked this
 #10153  by Affirm
 Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:34 am
furpop16 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:46 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:27 pm
furpep wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:05 pm
My son is a student and he was told that all Student seating was gone. I gave him my 4 tix for the game so his friends could attend. Hope they made it.

Then where the hell were they??? The student section was just over half full.

I’m guessing once the rumor gets going that the student section is full, that’s it. Students don’t even bother to check whether it’s true or not.

Does whoever manages student seating aggressively promote “Student Seating Still Available” on campus until those tickets are exhausted?
I agree with what you said:
“Aggressively promote”
“Rumor gets going”
We should be aggressive (not passive) about getting people in the seats.
furpop16 liked this
 #10162  by furpop16
 Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:49 am

“It was a disgraceful effort. Disgraceful to ETSU, the program we’ve built since I’ve been there.”

“I was doing everything I could to get them to go and they didn’t compete. I apologize to the people who came to the game and the people who wasted their time watching it on television. From Thursday to now is disgraceful. I won’t tolerate it and we’ll get it fixed.”

Now can any of us imagine Coach BR saying such things? While Coach isn’t afraid to express his disappointment and call-it-like-it-is after a flub-up, he’s careful never to belittle the players. He can also be counted on to share any blame, himself.

Any ETSU disgrace occurred after the game in the press-pool.

It’s Sunday. It’s a great day to be a Paladin fan and a great day to give thanks for our wonderful coach.
hypercycloid, Paladin575, underjack and 3 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.