• The sky is not falling

#10076  by gofurman
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:48 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:18 pm
fupaladin01 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:50 pm
I believe Coach WIlliams will not be staying at Furman. Despite the lack of concrete proof available online, I believe a decision has been made to leave for a bigger program.
I'll be the first to apologize. Nice work getting the scoop before anyone else, although I hate that it's true.
Big kudos to FuFanatic for apologizing here. !!! We all hate that it's true... but you are a good man to come back and post.
 #10093  by MNORM
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:59 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:49 am
So, I guess we are back to "sky is falling" mode.
Nope...just you.
FUBeAR liked this
 #10096  by Davemeister
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:19 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:03 pm
Good to hear that: a) The sky is not falling
b) Coach Williams has not departed for the SEC.

Still, if we are going to lose a coach, I would rather lose him to an SEC school than CCU.

Part b) of my previous post blown to hell. Hope Part a) holds.
FUBeAR, furman88 liked this
 #10098  by furman88
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:06 pm
The sky would be closer to the ground if this was Aug or Sept. Sill have plenty of time to get good coaches in place. The defensive players are there. CCH will get this taken care of with quality coaches. We move on to the next great defense and coaches.
Jasper, FUKA61 liked this
 #10145  by The Jackal
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:57 pm
A number of Furman coaches started following Rod Ojong on Twitter, the CB coach from Austin Peay. Perhaps another option.
 #10154  by AstroDin
 Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:37 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:57 pm
A number of Furman coaches started following Rod Ojong on Twitter, the CB coach from Austin Peay. Perhaps another option.
as well as a couple of Furman players… looks like a very good option. Lots of great coaches out there.
 #10155  by AstroDin
 Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:50 am
I have a dumb thought - is Shiel Wood an option to come to Furman and be a DC again? He's currently at Georgia St as Inside Linebacker/Special Teams Coach. I believe his wife did her medical residency in Gville.
MNORM liked this
 #10171  by JohnW
 Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:23 pm
AstroDin wrote:
I have a dumb thought - is Shiel Wood an option to come to Furman and be a DC again? He's currently at Georgia St as Inside Linebacker/Special Teams Coach. I believe his wife did her medical residency in Gville.
I've noticed the various follows mostly of DB coaches. My question is shouldn't the DC position be filled first so he can have input on the position job?
 #10182  by The Jackal
 Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:59 pm
JohnW wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:23 pm
AstroDin wrote:
I've noticed the various follows mostly of DB coaches. My question is shouldn't the DC position be filled first so he can have input on the position job?
Good question.

I'm inclined to think that specific position coaches are going to be more about "institutional fit." Can he coach and will he be a good ambassador for the program? What recruiting help can he provide?

I don't think it would be any different than if just Staggs had left and a new DC would have inherited Furman's current defensive coaches.
FUBeAR liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.