• (19-6) ETSU @ (19-5) Furman Feb. 9th

#10122  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:41 pm
Great blowout win, we rolled today

ETSU is a good team, this ranks with Villanova and Loyola as really good wins for us this year
FUKA61 liked this
 #10125  by furpop16
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:59 pm
FUBALL5510 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:48 pm
I do think this team is due for a hot offensive "shooting" performance ...

Prediction: Furman 78 ETSU 67

Come on y'all let's be optimistic and enjoy this year while we have it!

You weren't optimistic enough.
Paul C and 1 others liked this
 #10126  by paladinfan12
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:01 pm
That was a butt-kicking. Must've been one of the best 3-point shooting games of the year for Furman.

Unfortunately I live halfway across the country, but Timmons has looked great for home games.
 #10132  by CharlieFU
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:27 pm
furpep wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:05 pm
My son is a student and he was told that all Student seating was gone. I gave him my 4 tix for the game so his friends could attend. Hope they made it.
Then where the hell were they??? The student section was just over half full.
 #10133  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:33 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
furpep wrote:
My son is a student and he was told that all Student seating was gone. I gave him my 4 tix for the game so his friends could attend. Hope they made it.

Preach!

They better show up vs. UNCG!
 #10136  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:08 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
furpep wrote:
You're being very generous. If you count all the empty seats by the band it was far less less than half-full. I will say the students that were there were into the game. Again there were still too many season ticket seats empty. It was a great day to be in Timmons.
Last edited by apaladin on Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #10137  by Affirm
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:10 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:36 am
FUBALL5510 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:48 pm
There are certain things you can control, and there are certain things you cannot control during the game.

Attitude, effort, and focus are all controllables. In my opinion, rebounding also falls under that category as something you can control, and we need to do a better job this time around to beat ETSU.

However, saying that we need to "shoot better" is something that is not always controllable, and it is used as a huge crutch by several people on this board when assessing the game afterwards. Sometimes you have an off night and need to be able to lean on your defense/rebounding to win a game and this team has done that several times this year. That should not be used as a negative towards this team, but instead a positive that they are able to still scrape out wins when not shooting their best.

I do think this team is due for a hot offensive "shooting" performance, but I think it should be appreciated the different ways that they have won this year. Of course this team (and any team in the country) would like to shoot better, but in my opinion we should focus on the controllables and not an off night by the team or an individual.

Prediction: Furman 78 ETSU 67......Jordan goes off for 26 pts, MR has a casual 21, 11, 5, and 3 steals to become Furman's single season steals leader.

Come on y'all let's be optimistic and enjoy this year while we have it!
I will enjoy what you say will happen after it happens. Before it happens, I will hope. It may or may not happen.
Have been, and am, enjoying now!
furpop16 liked this
 #10139  by Affirm
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:18 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:15 pm
Every time the shot goes up ETSU is instantly shoving us in the back down low, refs not calling it
Sad that we have not been “good” long enough to have had time to get this ticketing thing figured out. We must do better. Really? Half-full arena for this game? I realize half-full is better than half empty, but still ....
 #10143  by purplehorse
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:22 pm
Summary: Good defense and good shooting. The difference of 30 points was twelves 3’s to two 3’s.

What I liked:

Revenge and the 30 point margin.

I love the way once Mounce hit his first 3 he went ahead and shot and made two more until his 4th one was a miss. Awesome to start like that.

I love that when Andrew was feeling it he kept shooting 3’s. Great game!

I like that Lyons did not force it and ended up with 14.

I liked Hunter with no turnovers.

Rafferty is such a pleasure to watch underneath. He could easily shoot three 3’s a game and probably make most of them. Glad that he is smart enough to not foul out!

Electric atmosphere.

What I did not like:
The empty seats. If the Wofford sellout is anything like the one today I will not be happy.
furman88 and 1 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by cavedweller2

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:42 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.