Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:09 pm
Sold-Out!

Big SoCon Saturday showdown in Greenville
Both teams going for win #20 on the season
 #10036  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:04 am
gman wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:55 am
There was already a thread with the same topic.

The other thread I started a long long time ago was merely about tickets for the game, this one is the actual game thread ;)
 #10041  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:06 am
I think a big thing will be our play on the interior, we got out-rebounded 33-23 at ETSU earlier this year, we need to do much better crashing the glass tomorrow
FU69 liked this
 #10043  by fufanatic
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:52 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:06 am
I think a big thing will be our play on the interior, we got out-rebounded 33-23 at ETSU earlier this year, we need to do much better crashing the glass tomorrow
Agreed. Also not going to win if we shoot the way we did last night or how we shot in previous match up at ETSU (37% FG, 22.7% 3FG, 68.8% FT). To go along with those rebounding totals, we were outscored in the paint 42-30. Big game with a lot on the line. I'm excited and I know the team will be excited. I expect them to play very well back at home. Three consecutive road wins no matter the opponent is very impressive in conference play.
 #10045  by apaladin
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:02 pm
I wonder how blowing the game with WC last night will effect ETSU. Will they be mad and come with a great effort or will they be down realizing they have no shot at first place now. I suspect they will give a great effort.
 #10050  by fufanatic
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:02 pm
apaladin wrote:
I wonder how blowing the game with WC last night will effect ETSU. Will they be mad and come with a great effort or will they be down realizing they have no shot at first place now. I suspect they will give a great effort.
Come on AP, you know we aren't lucky enough to have an elite team come in flat and demoralized. ETSU will be more than ready to go. We better be as well.
 #10052  by gman
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:25 pm
apaladin wrote:
Why would they be down? They will be even more hungry.
 #10055  by furman88
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:09 pm
I think ETSU will come in focused. The only issue I see is they did play a extra period of OT. Little more wear on the bodies. Our guys have to shoot the ball better than the WCU game and hopefully keep the same defenseive pressures we had there. This game is game winnable.
 #10059  by FUBALL5510
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:48 pm
There are certain things you can control, and there are certain things you cannot control during the game.

Attitude, effort, and focus are all controllables. In my opinion, rebounding also falls under that category as something you can control, and we need to do a better job this time around to beat ETSU.

However, saying that we need to "shoot better" is something that is not always controllable, and it is used as a huge crutch by several people on this board when assessing the game afterwards. Sometimes you have an off night and need to be able to lean on your defense/rebounding to win a game and this team has done that several times this year. That should not be used as a negative towards this team, but instead a positive that they are able to still scrape out wins when not shooting their best.

I do think this team is due for a hot offensive "shooting" performance, but I think it should be appreciated the different ways that they have won this year. Of course this team (and any team in the country) would like to shoot better, but in my opinion we should focus on the controllables and not an off night by the team or an individual.

Prediction: Furman 78 ETSU 67......Jordan goes off for 26 pts, MR has a casual 21, 11, 5, and 3 steals to become Furman's single season steals leader.

Come on y'all let's be optimistic and enjoy this year while we have it!
FUKA61 liked this
 #10079  by Affirm
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:36 am
FUBALL5510 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:48 pm
There are certain things you can control, and there are certain things you cannot control during the game.

Attitude, effort, and focus are all controllables. In my opinion, rebounding also falls under that category as something you can control, and we need to do a better job this time around to beat ETSU.

However, saying that we need to "shoot better" is something that is not always controllable, and it is used as a huge crutch by several people on this board when assessing the game afterwards. Sometimes you have an off night and need to be able to lean on your defense/rebounding to win a game and this team has done that several times this year. That should not be used as a negative towards this team, but instead a positive that they are able to still scrape out wins when not shooting their best.

I do think this team is due for a hot offensive "shooting" performance, but I think it should be appreciated the different ways that they have won this year. Of course this team (and any team in the country) would like to shoot better, but in my opinion we should focus on the controllables and not an off night by the team or an individual.

Prediction: Furman 78 ETSU 67......Jordan goes off for 26 pts, MR has a casual 21, 11, 5, and 3 steals to become Furman's single season steals leader.

Come on y'all let's be optimistic and enjoy this year while we have it!
I will enjoy what you say will happen after it happens. Before it happens, I will hope. It may or may not happen.
furman88 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by The Jackal

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:38 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.