• Austin Peay football coach Mark Hudspeth resigns after best season in Govs' history

#29460  by FUBeAR
 Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:43 pm
https://www.theleafchronicle.com/story ... 373549002/

“This was not an easy decision, but a very personal one,” Hudspeth said. “I need to take some time away from the game with Tyla and the kids. I could not be more thankful for my time at Austin Peay and will be a fan forever. I will miss the players and coaches incredibly and will never forget their commitment to each other and this team. I will return to coaching in the future at the right time.”

Harrison will retain the remainder of the Austin Peay football coaching staff, which will lead the program while Harrison and his staff determine the next steps forward. Austin Peay’s football team is scheduled to begin organized team practices on July 31.

Interesting, this guy is a heckuva Football Coach. Believe it or not, APSU has had outstanding talent since at least 2014. They were just, possibly, the worst Coached Football Team in America. Will Healey went in there and changed the culture in 2 years, turning a 13-10 record into an FBS job, and then Hudspeth came in and made them a very good Football Team in 1 year, as I saw in their semi-shootout with Mercer & we saw...nope, not gonna mention it / flushed it. Anyway, great Coach, but something always seems to be a bit amiss in his programs. It will be interesting to see where this story might lead.
Affirm liked this
 #29489  by Furmanoid
 Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:32 am
The old coach at North Augusta told me that if he ever decided to “step back and spend more time with his family” that meant he had been fired. He jumped ship for Greenwood. I read a year ago that he had “decided to step back and spend more time with his family” after a pretty rough few years. Coaching in Italy now.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.