• Stella needs to get her... [Actual Title: SoCon Football Coach's Daughter could use your support]

#13486  by FUBeAR
 Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:10 pm
Mercer's Offensive Line Coach and Running Game Coordinator, Casey Vogt, is a GOOD man.

He has been at Mercer since before any Players arrived in 2012. Coach Vogt treated FUBeAR's son like his own son for 4 years; shepherding him through a very serious academic rough patch in his 2nd year, going above & beyond to aid him in getting back on the field after suffering serious early-season injuries in both his 3rd and 4th years at Mercer, and Coaching him up to being an All SoCon Player. Coach Vogt's wife, Amber, like most Coaches wives, is a strong woman, but she's also sweeter than a ripe Georgia peach. As a couple, they have always treated ALL Mercer O-Linemen as their own extended Family.

Now, one of their 'real' children needs a hand. Actually, she really needs 4 paws. Click this link for more details: https://www.gofundme.com/superstellasdog

If you've ever had a Coach treat you or one of your children similarly to the way I described above, you know how much of themselves and of their families they give to their athletes. As Furman Fans, I would wager that many, if not most, of us have had this kind of experience if you and/or one of your children are/were student athletes at Furman. I know I sure had Coaches like that at Furman!

So, if you are so inclined, please click the link, and think about how you've been blessed with GREAT Coaching Families in your life. Also, if you do choose to make a contribution, I think it would be pretty cool to let them know that it came from a Furman Fan. Just add a <F> to your message of encouragement...or something like that.

Oh...and if you think I shouldn't be posting this "Mercer stuff" here....I think I'd be a real #%@-head if I didn't.
Jasper liked this
 #13497  by FUBeAR
 Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:09 am
Jasper wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:48 am
A good idea and a very worthy cause, BeAr. I made a small donation with the connotation GoPaladins.com on. I certainly hope this noble gesture on your part does not mean you are going to STOP being a *8(%^5^#3! head. ;)
THANKS!

...And, doubtful. I think my $*#)$’-headery is pretty much hard-wired by now.
 #13505  by FUBeAR
 Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:59 am
Paul C wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:42 am
I have a co-worker whose daugher suffers from seizures, and they went through this process a year or so ago. Amazing how valuable the dog is, and incredible how perceptive the dog is. Honored to be able to make a small contribution...
THANKS!!!
 #13694  by FUBeAR
 Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:04 am
GREAT NEWS! The GOAL has been reached and Stella will be getting 1 of the 2 pups in the center picture below as soon as they are 'Coached Up.'

THANKS to ALL who contributed!!
Jasper, Paladin82 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.