• Batten Down the Hatches...

#40849  by Sad Din
 Sat May 22, 2021 4:28 pm
SoCon baseball tourney starts next week at home town less baseball Flour Field

Its gonna get rough and choppy on the UFFP next week...
FUBeAR liked this
 #40850  by apaladin
 Sat May 22, 2021 4:31 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 4:28 pm
SoCon baseball tourney starts next week at home town less baseball Flour Field

Its gonna get rough and choppy on the UFFP next week...
As it should.
 #40856  by Roundball
 Sun May 23, 2021 5:43 am
There will be the same number of Furman fans attending this year as did so in previous years, which is less than 50. Sadly, the Furman community and Greenville did not support baseball.
Jasper liked this
 #40875  by Sad Din
 Mon May 24, 2021 8:20 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:50 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 10:51 am
I'm sure she will appreciate it.
I’m sure she will ignore them.
straight to spam... unless the subj line is : Wish to Donate $1M to FU Advantage
 #40899  by FUBeAR
 Thu May 27, 2021 6:12 pm
FUBeAR’s ‘statement’ is coming to GVL, dropping $400 for a hotel room overlooking Fluor Field, attending at least 1 game on Sat., dropping ~$200+ on dinner Sat. night / another ~$50-$100 on beers in various establishments, and attending the game on Sun. (if necessary to determine a champion).

Not sure how this advances the cause of reinstating Baseball @ FU, but I hope it helps.

Enjoying watching WCU embarrass Woffraud right now…hope they can hang on. Love to see the Teary-ers pack their bags for SparkleCity tomorrow evening!
Last edited by FUBeAR on Fri May 28, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #40901  by Roundball
 Fri May 28, 2021 6:05 am
I still blame myself for not supporting Furman baseball with attending more games and with a little money. It’s the fans fault we no longer have a team. That will be in my letter.
 #40902  by Furmanoid
 Fri May 28, 2021 6:44 am
Are they packing the stands at tennis and golf matches? I kinda doubt it. Did baseball lose as much money as those sports? Did it lose anywhere near as much as football?

I’m neither hot nor cold about baseball. I think it’s way more boring than curling or synchronized swimming. But I just don’t see how low attendance could have been the reason to cut it when attendance is too low for all FU sports accept maybe men’s basketball. And boring or not, for hundreds and hundreds of years REAL Americans have at least pretended to like baseball, damn it!

You can argue, “Yeah, but they did cut golf.” True, but once they got the ransom money they uncut it. With baseball they won’t even entertain a ransom offer, so that seems to indicate it isn’t about money. But I don’t know and you don’t know because they can’t stick to a story that makes any sense.
bj93, apaladin liked this
 #40903  by FU3
 Fri May 28, 2021 7:44 am
Roundball wrote:
I still blame myself for not supporting Furman baseball with attending more games and with a little money. It’s the fans fault we no longer have a team. That will be in my letter.
The same fans who donated several million dollars for a field house are in your mind guilty for baseball going away? What about those who were “buying” ( small plaque) seats for several hundred dollars in honor of loved ones?Your views on FU operations are usually just clueless , this one is insulting. ED doesn’t care about your take, my take or anyone else’s, that is why her leadership style is so problematic
apaladin, tim liked this
 #40904  by apaladin
 Fri May 28, 2021 10:20 am
FU3 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:44 am
Roundball wrote:
The same fans who donated several million dollars for a field house are in your mind guilty for baseball going away? What about those who were “buying” ( small plaque) seats for several hundred dollars in honor of loved ones?Your views on FU operations are usually just clueless , this one is insulting. ED doesn’t care about your take, my take or anyone else’s, that is why her leadership style is so problematic
Agree, just one correction. Its not her leadership but dictatorship.
tim liked this
 #40911  by apaladin
 Sat May 29, 2021 11:46 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:48 pm
Anyone else wrote ED. Please do if you haven’t. I have.
......and of course as expected no reply from ED.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by Sad Din

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:25 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.