• Dins had the players

#37818  by Sad Din
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:57 pm
Congrats but heart breaking to see the success of the former Dins players all over the country on different teams

Coaches did an outstanding job placing them and sadly one could only guess how good this years team would have been
 #37821  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:10 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:57 pm
Congrats but heart breaking to see the success of the former Dins players all over the country on different teams

Coaches did an outstanding job placing them and sadly one could only guess how good this years team would have been
We have ED to thank for that debacle.
 #37896  by apaladin
 Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:18 pm
Already been upsets of top 25 teams such as yesterday when Morehead beat #5 Louisville 5-1. That is the thing about baseball it is truly the only major sport where we had a chance to make a splash nationally and regardless how remote the chances are compete for a national championship. See Coastal Carolina. Not only that it was the only major sport we could be competitive with CU and SC. Just a shame.
 #37898  by MidlandsPaladin
 Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:19 pm
It's too depressing for me to try to follow college baseball. Tried to watch Clemson/ETSU game last night. It tore me up watching a former conference foe play a team with a former FU player on the roster. Rob Hughes has come in in relief the last two games for the Tigers and, other than some bad luck with some bleeders out of the infield, has looked good. Excited for him, but bummed otherwise.

As long as "Furman Baseball" is emblazoned on that glorious new baseball facility, and as long as Latham hasn't been repurposed for something else, I'm going to hold out hope that baseball will return to FU.
apaladin liked this
 #37904  by Sad Din
 Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:25 pm
Yep and still dont understand how a sport with a budget of $1M per year was going to save $5M.

We must have some very good and creative accountants on the staff to figure that one out
 #37905  by apaladin
 Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:18 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:25 pm
Yep and still dont understand how a sport with a budget of $1M per year was going to save $5M.

We must have some very good and creative accountants on the staff to figure that one out
Correct and its not like 1 million would make any difference to FU at all. They lost more than that when they lost 35 paying students.
MetroMizzy liked this
 #37961  by MidlandsPaladin
 Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:02 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
It's too depressing for me to try to follow college baseball. Tried to watch Clemson/ETSU game last night. It tore me up watching a former conference foe play a team with a former FU player on the roster. Rob Hughes has come in in relief the last two games for the Tigers and, other than some bad luck with some bleeders out of the infield, has looked good. Excited for him, but bummed otherwise.

As long as "Furman Baseball" is emblazoned on that glorious new baseball facility, and as long as Latham hasn't been repurposed for something else, I'm going to hold out hope that baseball will return to FU.
Check out the Fluor Field home dugout...looks like the Drive is holding out hope FU baseball will return soon, too!

#38146  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:48 am
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:02 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:

Check out the Fluor Field home dugout...looks like the Drive is holding out hope FU baseball will return soon, too!

I’m sure it will be erased by the time the season starts which I believe has been pushed back until May. Just thought of something else. I will never set foot inside Fluor Field again. The only reason I ever went there was to see FU play. Very sad.
 #38307  by MetroMizzy
 Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:26 am
Haven't checked in on all the former players but I did see J.M. Bertrand, who transferred to ND and is their Saturday guy, beat Clemson the other night.

FWIW, The Furman baseball connection is strong and always will be. ED can never take that away from us. Heading out with about 10 former players on a little vacation in a couple of weeks and that is really what it's all about once you get off campus.
FU69, apaladin liked this
 #39108  by apaladin
 Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:10 am
As indicated above hitting wold have been the weak spot on this years team if there had been one. At least we have football this spring. Next spring there will be a big hole. Thanks again, ED.
 #39111  by Sad Din
 Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:40 pm
apaladin wrote:
As indicated above hitting wold have been the weak spot on this years team if there had been one. At least we have football this spring. Next spring there will be a big hole. Thanks again, ED.
pls quit blaming ED! Refused/couldnt raise $1M to keep a 100 year old sport going but raised $25M to send folks all over the world during a time when travel is not advised. Now thats genius!
 #39114  by FUBeAR
 Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:02 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:40 pm
apaladin wrote:
pls quit blaming ED! Refused/couldnt raise $1M to keep a 100 year old sport going but raised $25M to send folks all over the world during a time when travel is not advised. Now thats genius!
You need to check your sustainability doughnut, Sad Din.

Actually, FUBeAR has no idea what a sustainability doughnut is/does, but I’m pretty sure it’s not something you put over your bat for extra weight when taking a few cuts in the On Deck Circle.
 #39132  by apaladin
 Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:06 pm
SD- she and she alone nixed baseball and also nixed the efforts to keep it before they got started good.
MetroMizzy liked this
 #39134  by Roundball
 Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:40 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:06 pm
SD- she and she alone nixed baseball and also nixed the efforts to keep it before they got started good.
Prove it.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by Sad Din

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:25 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.