• A Bad Sign?

#1881  by apaladin
 Wed May 23, 2018 2:10 pm
WCU is beating UNCG 6-0 in the 4th. WCU played all 3 games this weekend while FU/UNCG did not play any. Samford also played all their games so this could be a problem. UNCG looks real rusty, fielding and hitting. Obviously baseball is a game where you need to play regularly. Taking over a week off is not good in baseball.

PS-WCU has won 8 games all year,including last night's play in game. UNCG has won 37.
 #1882  by The Jackal
 Wed May 23, 2018 4:41 pm
Baseball is also a game where one team can sneak up and bite any other team at any time.
 #1884  by FUBeAR
 Wed May 23, 2018 4:58 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 2:10 pm
WCU is beating UNCG 6-0 in the 4th. WCU played all 3 games this weekend while FU/UNCG did not play any. Samford also played all their games so this could be a problem. UNCG looks real rusty, fielding and hitting. Obviously baseball is a game where you need to play regularly. Taking over a week off is not good in baseball.

PS-WCU has won 8 games all year,including last night's play in game. UNCG has won 37.
Or...

...A GOOD SIGN, as 3 lower seeds have now already CRUSHED the higher seed.

Therefore, under section 37B of the SoCon Baseball Tournament bylaws, it states quite clearly, and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy! - I, the undersigned higher seed in Game 4, shall forfeit all rights to defeat the lower seed, such privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera...Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum, et cetera, et cetera...MEMO BIS PUNITOR DELICATUM!! It's ALL there! Black and white, clear as crystal!!

furman88 liked this
 #1887  by apaladin
 Thu May 24, 2018 12:40 am
Hard to win when you don't come close to scoring. Wasted a great pitching performance by Schuermann. The future of FU baseball doesn't seem too bright right now. Hope I am totally wrong.
 #1889  by Paul C
 Thu May 24, 2018 3:20 pm
2 runs scored in 17 innings.....down 5-2 going to the 9th. Looks like barring a huge comeback we are 2 and done.

Hope this is the nadir of the Harker-era.
 #1890  by DungeonRealm
 Thu May 24, 2018 3:28 pm
Down 5-2 with 2 outs in the 9th inning and we get thrown out at home plate???? I think that sums up the all around coaching job Harker and his staff have done this season, piss poor and pathetic, and the season ends on a whimper
bj93, furman88, FU69 liked this
 #1901  by The Jackal
 Mon May 28, 2018 2:10 pm
I cannot help but notice that Samford has fully embraced an athletic rebrand, but I cannot understand the value of "Sam." to the university.

Their athletic department seems to mix their old and new logos. They will sometimes go with an "S" and other times with an "SU." I can only guess that the benefit of "Sam." is to distinguish them from Stanford. I've heard Samford grads have to say "Sam, not Stanford" before.

Granted, not my circus and not my monkeys, but I just cannot get my head around it.
 #1905  by fufanatic
 Tue May 29, 2018 11:36 am
The Jackal wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 2:10 pm
I cannot help but notice that Samford has fully embraced an athletic rebrand, but I cannot understand the value of "Sam." to the university.

Their athletic department seems to mix their old and new logos. They will sometimes go with an "S" and other times with an "SU." I can only guess that the benefit of "Sam." is to distinguish them from Stanford. I've heard Samford grads have to say "Sam, not Stanford" before.

Granted, not my circus and not my monkeys, but I just cannot get my head around it.
I think you're probably dead on with that. At the end of the day, no matter what they choose no one is really going to have heard of them. I think Syracuse when I hear SU. I think Stanford when Samford is said quickly. Sam I guess is the best option for the ESPN ticker but some might think Sam Houston State. Oh well.
 #1909  by The Jackal
 Tue May 29, 2018 12:18 pm
I had not made this connection until recently, but look at the similarities here (top is Gonzaga):

#1911  by Flagman
 Tue May 29, 2018 5:44 pm
Well, we now have a secondary logo. We've shortened our noble nickname, "Paladin" and mascot to 'Din (a loud, unpleasant, and prolonged noise). What's next? Put FUR on our jerseys? Why are we messing with simple, classic perfection?
Affirm liked this
 #1912  by furman88
 Tue May 29, 2018 7:02 pm
Don't even think Trump could rebrand Furman's majestic colors or Diamond F. We need to celebrate our perfection. No changes!
apaladin liked this
 #1914  by The Jackal
 Tue May 29, 2018 8:50 pm
Flagman wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:44 pm
Well, we now have a secondary logo. We've shortened our noble nickname, "Paladin" and mascot to 'Din (a loud, unpleasant, and prolonged noise). What's next? Put FUR on our jerseys? Why are we messing with simple, classic perfection?

We've had a secondary athletic logo for a long time. Before the current iteration, it was:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/m ... ndary_Logo

That logo was not uniformly used. At least the new secondary logo seems to have a purpose.
 #1915  by Flagman
 Wed May 30, 2018 2:27 pm
Not sure what purpose you see. For me, it's just confusing.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.