Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:19 pm
Dins leading 5-2 bottom 8th, chance at getting a great win here
 #566  by FUBeAR
 Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:53 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:19 pm
Dins leading 5-2 bottom 8th, chance at getting a great win here
6-4 bottom 9th 1on 1out

Should be 7-4 or more...bad call @ home in Top9. Even USC announcer on ESPN3 said so.
 #567  by MidlandsPaladin
 Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:54 pm
PALADINS WIN 6-4!!!

Previous four losses forgiven. Out of the five straight games against the big guys this is the one I wanted the most.
 #568  by FUBeAR
 Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:55 pm
DINS WIN!!

Reminds me of an October day in ‘82... :D
 #569  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:55 pm
AWESOME!!!!
 #570  by Flagman
 Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:56 pm
'Dins knock off 'cocks.
 #571  by gman
 Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:23 pm
Gosh do I love beating the lamecocks!
 #573  by cavedweller2
 Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:37 pm
FU All THE TIME
 #574  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:48 pm
Always good to beat SC.
 #576  by Flagman
 Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:04 pm
No matter what the gamecocks do the rest of the season, they will remember the day they lost to the Paladins.
 #578  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:15 pm
We can go for a sweep in Greenville later this year. May be time to think about moving Trent Alley into a weekend starting job. He has pitched well against Clemson and SC.
 #586  by MidlandsPaladin
 Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:07 am
I loved the excuses being made by the USC announcers during the game. The Gamecocks were looking ahead to Clemson, the umpire's strike zone was inconsistent, all the breaks were falling Furman's way, and - best one yet - their batters weren't used to pitchers that threw the fastball as slow as ours did. :roll:
 #593  by fufanatic
 Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:36 am
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
I loved the excuses being made by the USC announcers during the game. The Gamecocks were looking ahead to Clemson, the umpire's strike zone was inconsistent, all the breaks were falling Furman's way, and - best one yet - their batters weren't used to pitchers that threw the fastball as slow as ours did. :roll:
It's like they've never seen a big school play a small school in a mid-week game before ... it's college baseball. These happen weekly. Doesn't mean your team isn't good, but it also doesn't mean that the other team got lucky. Furman earned that win and has good players.
 #604  by ccoates
 Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:23 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:

I watched the replay just now on ESPN3. I thought the good guys played a solid game. The Chicken less so. Very sloppy in the field.

Actually, I thought the plate umpire;s strike zone WAS consistent. Every pitch over the plate at the shoelaces was a strike; likewise every breaking pich 6 inces outside was likewise a strike. Same calls for both sides. Crappy strike zone nevertheless

The ESPN broadcast team was mostly adequate, but I can't believe they replayed Anderon's HBP at least 4 times and steadfastly maintained the pich never hit him
 #615  by apaladin
 Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:01 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:36 am
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
It's like they've never seen a big school play a small school in a mid-week game before ... it's college baseball. These happen weekly. Doesn't mean your team isn't good, but it also doesn't mean that the other team got lucky. Furman earned that win and has good players.
SC has lost to VMI, Chuck Southern and Furman. :)

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by Sad Din

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:25 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.