• Grant Schuermann Gone Too

#2075  by apaladin
 Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:50 pm
Lost our #1 pitcher now. He is transferring to UCF. He had 3 years left, so he will have 2 at UCF.
 #2078  by Paul C
 Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:20 am
This sucks. Now we’ve lost our top offensive player and our top pitcher.

Doesn’t look good for Harper losing these quality players.

Still too early to make any decisions on Harper’s future though. Gotta give him 4 years or so to really tell....but his seat might be warming up.
Jasper, BBGuy liked this
 #2090  by furman88
 Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:12 pm
Hoping coach turns this into a positive but this is not a good look whatever the reason.

It was a strange year for FU baseball. Competive in some games totally lost in others. Things need to show progress.

I certainly don't know what was going on internally but the look from the outside was team that lost its way.
 #2094  by Jasper
 Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:45 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:20 am
This sucks. Now we’ve lost our top offensive player and our top pitcher.

Doesn’t look good for Harper losing these quality players.

Still too early to make any decisions on Harper’s future though. Gotta give him 4 years or so to really tell....but his seat might be warming up.
If it isn't heating up, then someone aint paying attention. Baseball is not a sport where you absolutely need to play at the highest level. Hit .400 with 20 dingers or win 20 at Furman and you'll need a truck to carry away the green.
BBGuy liked this
 #2096  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:28 pm
apaladin wrote:
Lost our #1 pitcher now. He is transferring to UCF. He had 3 years left, so he will have 2 at UCF.
He played for FU last year and this year. How does he have three years left?
 #2102  by ccoates
 Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:38 pm
Not a good sign. The old bromide about rodents and a sinking ship comes to mind.

However, a good recruiting class can go a way to solve, or mitigate, some problems.

We don't seem to get recruiting info on Baseball like we do on Football and Basketball.

Anyone know what, if anything has been recruited to fill the void?
BBGuy liked this
 #2112  by apaladin
 Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:48 pm
My bad, I guess I didn't have my glasses on. He indeed is listed as a R-Jr not R-Fr.
 #2113  by Fessor
 Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:09 am
apaladin wrote:
Congratulations on graduating from spreading rumors to flat out making stuff up. I wonder how defamation laws have been applied to message board forums.
Jasper, din23 liked this
 #2123  by The Jackal
 Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:43 pm
ccoates wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:38 pm
Not a good sign. The old bromide about rodents and a sinking ship comes to mind.

However, a good recruiting class can go a way to solve, or mitigate, some problems.

We don't seem to get recruiting info on Baseball like we do on Football and Basketball.

Anyone know what, if anything has been recruited to fill the void?

You want to bell that cat?
Jasper liked this
 #2127  by fufanatic
 Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:11 am
Does Furman still have virtually no Master's program options other than maybe education? I will never blame someone for using their final year of eligibility to get an additional degree. That's Furman's fault if there aren't good Master's options to keep a student-athlete around and they have to transfer elsewhere to get that degree.
 #2143  by paladinfan12
 Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:13 am
I believe education and chemistry.

Choosing to have a masters program for the purpose of keeping student athletes around is short-sited and a poor excuse for being at an athletics disadvantage.
 #2148  by fufanatic
 Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:32 pm
paladinfan12 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:13 am
I believe education and chemistry.

Choosing to have a masters program for the purpose of keeping student athletes around is short-sited and a poor excuse for being at an athletics disadvantage.
That's not what I was suggesting at all. There should be additional master's programs to bring in a new crop of students that want to further their education and hopefully give back to the university. Only having two programs is just a cheap way to be able to call yourself a university and not a college. My point was that I don't blame him for leaving because if he has an opportunity to get a master's degree - or at least get a year closer to having one - rather than just taking a few more classes to finish up your NCAA eligibility, he would be silly not to leave if he's not interested in education or chemistry.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.