• CBS Sports has Furman and UNCG in the latest 68 team Bracketology. Last 4 In

#11837  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:37 pm
Thanks, just saw that. The SoCon deserves more than one team for sure. I'll believe it when I see it. They have to have room for all the "deserving" 15 loss teams from power conferences, LOL. Good luck in the big dance. #wishwewerethere

FYI Lunardi still has FU as next 4 out today.
 #11847  by MidlandsPaladin
 Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:09 am
I think that no more than two will get in from the SoCon. and you could argue that the Spartans are more deserving than us. UNCG made the tourney finals and had an impressive showing on national TV, finished ahead of us in the SoCon standings, and beat us two out of three. I just don't see us getting in and them being left out. In fact, I think the committee will just leave us both out rather than spend time figuring out which one of us goes.
fufanatic, FUpaladin08 liked this
 #11860  by apaladin
 Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:47 am
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:09 am
I think that no more than two will get in from the SoCon. and you could argue that the Spartans are more deserving than us. UNCG made the tourney finals and had an impressive showing on national TV, finished ahead of us in the SoCon standings, and beat us two out of three. I just don't see us getting in and them being left out. In fact, I think the committee will just leave us both out rather than spend time figuring out which one of us goes.
I like most don't think the SoCon will get a second team but for arguments sake on the Furman side. Furman has a higher Net ranking, was ranked in the top 25, has better wins, played WC much better than UNCG.
furpop16 liked this
 #11868  by apaladin
 Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:57 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:39 am
I guess we now sit and watch the power conferences play their tournaments and hope (1) the favorites win their tournament, and (2) bubble teams lose ingloriously.
The power conferences are going to get multiple teams in regardless of who wins the tourney, the only thing we don't want is a bottom feeder to come out of nowhere and win one of these. As for the bubble teams in the power conferences losing early, Im not sure that would even matter on their status. Hope it would. For example is the winner of 8-NC State and 9-Clempson in or out? Both prolly in.
 #11871  by Affirm
 Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:39 pm
Peachy Carnahan wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:31 pm
I"m a Wofford guy but I'm pulling for you guys to get in the tourney.

Here's the link:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... cketology/

Good luck.
I want WC to go as far as possible - very far.
I doubt FU gets in, but if FU surprisingly gets in I want FU to go farther than WC.
 #11918  by fufanatic
 Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:14 am
soconjohn wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:24 pm
It should bother folks that Furman had to pay to beat Villanova on the road...What about that sounds right?
Pay who? There is no way in this world that we paid Villanova to come to their house and play them. Are you saying we paid to be part of that preseason "tourney"??

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.