• (19-14) Wichita St. @ (25-7) Furman (March 20th)(NIT First Round)

#11805  by PaladinPower
 Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:39 pm
I have already prepared myself, as much of this board has, for an NIT bid. However, will be interesting if UNCG wins tonight, giving Furman 3 wins against the field of 68 (Nova, UNCG, Gardner Webb). If the right teams win, there is always a small possibility FU is playing in Dayton. Doubt it, but looking at the metrics, seems possible.
dornb liked this
 #11806  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:42 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
I have already prepared myself, as much of this board has, for an NIT bid. However, will be interesting if UNCG wins tonight, giving Furman 3 wins against the field of 68 (Nova, UNCG, Gardner Webb). If the right teams win, there is always a small possibility FU is playing in Dayton. Doubt it, but looking at the metrics, seems possible.

Oh without a doubt that would be preferred over the NIT!

I am just trying to get everyone prepared for the NIT dates should we be in the NIT and have a home game or two or three, save those dates for now folks!
 #11808  by fufanatic
 Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:51 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
We will see, but it's harder to make the case now after an exit in the semis along with some bubble teams with key wins over the last week. I think if we had beaten Samford and beaten Wofford once or swept ETSU or UNCG in the regular season to finish with 5 losses, we would be in. If we had won last night and lost tonight in a thriller, I think it would have been close. But 7 losses for a mid-major is very high. Will be an absolute shame though if this league doesn't get two bids. It's earned it after the high quality of play all year.
dornb liked this
 #11905  by apaladin
 Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:29 pm
Things have not gone FU's way tonight. 3 #1 seeds all lost meaning they will take NIT bids. On top of that Gonzaga who hasn't come close to losing a conference game is losing to St. Mary's with 8 to go. Gonzaga beat St. Mary's by 50 one game this year. Gonzaga is taking shots and not coming close.Just makes you wonder sometimes. They will take an NCAA bid away from someone.
 #11908  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:57 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:29 pm
Things have not gone FU's way tonight. 3 #1 seeds all lost meaning they will take NIT bids. On top of that Gonzaga who hasn't come close to losing a conference game is losing to St. Mary's with 8 to go. Gonzaga beat St. Mary's by 50 one game this year. Gonzaga is taking shots and not coming close.Just makes you wonder sometimes. They will take an NCAA bid away from someone.
Everything I have seen has FU in NIT as 1, 2 or 3 seed, we will be fine
 #11910  by apaladin
 Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:05 pm
Update on the Gonzaga game. I hate to think a team or players in college were on the take but it is not possible for Gonzaga to play as bad as they did tonight. They averaged almost 90 points, have scored over 100 7 times, 90+ 10 times and under 70 only twice(69&67). Tonight they scored 47, 20 points under their lowest for the season and lose by 13. Outside shots were not close and they missed a ton of in close shots. That gives the conference 2 teams instead of 1. Just makes you wonder.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.