• Early So Conf Tournament Thoughts

#10520  by purplehorse
 Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm
No doubt the top 4 teams have separated themselves from the rest of the pack AND Wofford is the team to beat.

I think Wofford has UNCG’s #.

I am not sure who we would prefer to play in semis (assuming we make it there)-UNCG or ETSU. I am confident that we would prefer not playing Wofford until the finals.

Assuming none of the top 4 lose to a lower tier team-if Furman beats Wofford and ETSU beats UNCG, FU would win the 3 way tiebreaker . If we lose to Wofford and ETSU loses to UNCG we would win the tiebreaker with ETSU and be the # 3 seed.

Worse case scenario with no surprise losses to lower tier teams, we lose to Wofford and ETSU beats UNCG meaning we would play Wofford in the semis.

I know we have to take one game at a time but other things being equal, I would prefer not playing Wofford until the finals of the So Conf tourney.

No easy games and no guarantees regardless.
 #10522  by stonemd
 Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:36 pm
Want to win them all of course
Furman played Wofford much better in Spartanburg than ETSU or UNCG
Maybe we match up well against them as Wofford seems to vs UNCG ??
We will know more after saturday night
Both ETSU and UNCG seem to be falling and Furman Wofford rising
Seems like Furman Wofford would be a fitting SOCON final
If we win out and then lose that game ?NIT ?NCAA
 #10526  by furman88
 Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:01 pm
I like the way this team seems to be peaking at the right time and getting stronger toward playoff and NCAA's. Thats the way good teams get there. I like the way Coach Richey and staff have bleanded the players to build depth and confidence in these guys, freshman thru senior. Lets finish this thing and jump in to March Madness!
underjack, FUKA61, dornb and 2 others liked this
 #10529  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:29 pm
With no more home tickets left to purchase, now is a great time for everyone to get your tickets for the SoCon tourney, make sure to be there if you can for Saturday when the Paladins will tip off for our first game, with Furman still scheduling school spring break during the tourney making busing any students up there like some other schools do not possible, we will need everyone else possible from the fan base to be there and show your appreciation for the team!

Tourney ticket central:
http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle. ... =211768415
 #10530  by Monday
 Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:25 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:29 pm
With no more home tickets left to purchase, now is a great time for everyone to get your tickets for the SoCon tourney, make sure to be there if you can for Saturday when the Paladins will tip off for our first game, with Furman still scheduling school spring break during the tourney making busing any students up there like some other schools do not possible, we will need everyone else possible from the fan base to be there and show your appreciation for the team!

Tourney ticket central:
http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle. ... =211768415
Order tickets through the Paladins website so the school can get a kickback.

http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/ti ... mpionships
 #10532  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:14 pm
Our last 2 games will be against Samford and UTC and it is very likely we will play one of those in the first tournament game. Not an ideal situation.
 #10554  by fufanatic
 Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:12 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:14 pm
Our last 2 games will be against Samford and UTC and it is very likely we will play one of those in the first tournament game. Not an ideal situation.
I'm really hoping we can sneak into that #2 seed and play a bottom 4 team first and potentially avoid Wofford until the finals.
dornb, purplehorse and 1 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:59 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.