• FYI: ESPN Article

#10088  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:01 am
We were the darlings of college basketball for the first 2 months of the season and now Wofford is. Gotta hate that.
 #10095  by Fuonetime
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:16 pm
If we run the table, and that is a big if, we can replace WC on the NCAA bubble watch. We do have a signature win over Nova and that means a lot. Otherwise, we have to win the tourney championship to get to the Big Dance.
 #10097  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:29 pm
Fuonetime wrote:
If we run the table, and that is a big if, we can replace WC on the NCAA bubble watch. We do have a signature win over Nova and that means a lot. Otherwise, we have to win the tourney championship to get to the Big Dance.

Even at 27-6 with a loss in the SoCon final to Wofford I don't think we would be in, the committee would use the home loss to Samford as reason to leave us out most likely
 #10101  by gman
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:58 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:29 pm
Fuonetime wrote:

Even at 27-6 with a loss in the SoCon final to Wofford I don't think we would be in, the committee would use the home loss to Samford as reason to leave us out most likely
If we finish 27-6, we will get in because of our win over Villanova, if they finish in the Top 10.
 #10105  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:41 pm
I keep thinking how they hosed St. Mary's last year. Think they ended up with 28 wins and lost to Gonzaga in conference finals. They didn't get in but 14 loss teams did. We have to remember who controls the committee. The big boys do. The more teams the P5 teams get in the more money said conference gets. Simple as that. Fairness and/or deserving has absolutely nothing to do with it.
FU69 liked this
 #10124  by paladinfan12
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:57 pm
If Wofford runs the table but Furman beats them in the SoCon final i think both teams get in

If Furman runs the table and loses to Wofford in the SoCon final I can't see us getting in.
FU69 liked this
 #10129  by saltyshaker
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:18 pm
would love to get into the ncaa tourney.but quite doubtful that is a tournament we cold win.but if we were relegated to the n I t ,I think we could go deep in that tourney.so let's play hard and see what happens.today we avenged the road loss to one of the three ahead of us.greensboro and Wofford to go.
 #10134  by youwouldno
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:39 pm
A few years ago, St. Mary's beat Gonzaga *twice*, had 26 D-I wins, high computer rankings, and didn't make it.

The basic problem is that, as a mid major conference gets stronger and seems to make an at-large bid possible, it simultaneously becomes hard to avoid some losses.
furpop16, Fessor liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.