• Wofford Game on Jan. 19

#8067  by Flagman
 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:32 pm
Just purchased my tickets. No tickets available in the lower bowl. I got two near mid-court in section 208 (upper deck). If you want to go, now is the time to get tickets,
 #8077  by The Jackal
 Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:59 am
I periodically venture over to enemy territory to see what's cooking. I'm not joking when I say Wofford fans discuss Furman almost as much as they discuss Wofford. They are beside themselves that Wofford isn't the favorite in this league and that Furman is overshadowing them right now. They have come up with dozens of excuses as to why Furman isn't a top 25 team (as if they would know what one looks like).

I don't know what the future will hold this season, but I do so hope it involves beating the snot out of Wofford.
furpop16, FUKA61, underjack and 6 others liked this
 #8455  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:33 am
It would appear our home game with Woff feb. 23rd is now essentially soldout according to the ticket map
Fessor liked this
 #8456  by soconjohn
 Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:02 am
What has Wofford done? Who have they beaten? They have had more chances to prove themselves in this respect than Furman and failed each time...Wofford has good players...good people and good coaches...Their arrogant fans ruin it for those guys...I can't say Furman is prohibitively better than Wofford...Nor should they be able to say the opposite because they have done nothing to prove otherwise...I am guessing it will be split again, but I hope Furman sweeps....But Wofford was once the gold standard and Furman was a "nobody" until the 2015 title game...Things have changed since then and they don't want to admit it, just like Furman fans sometimes don't want to admit Wofford has stolen some thunder on the gridiron...That's what made 34-14 so satisfying.
 #8457  by soconjohn
 Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:07 am
Funny how Furman fans never complained about Wofford being good in hoops and wished them well in the NCAA Tournament...I find that revealing.
Fessor and 1 others liked this
 #8458  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:25 am
soconjohn wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:07 am
Funny how Furman fans never complained about Wofford being good in hoops and wished them well in the NCAA Tournament...I find that revealing.

It really is, I don't remember one single FU fan griping about them when they were winning SoCon but always coming up short in NCAA's and not ever winning a game, I remember most of us pulling for them
Fessor liked this
 #8460  by Fessor
 Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:57 am
I see Wofford and Furman as about equal; they might do what they do more consistently than Furman does what it does. I anticipate a regular season split with each team winning at home as has been the case for each of the last several years. I've always rooted for Southern conference teams when playing out of conference, especially those in South Carolina. The only SoCon team I've pulled against has been Georgia Southern, a school which I view as the equivalent of the dog dirt on the sole of my yard boots.
soconjohn, FUKA61 and 1 others liked this