• #1 Furman vs #7 UTC (March 6 @7 pm, SOCON Final)

#67865  by The Jackal
 Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:50 pm
In my years supporting Furman athletics, I'm not sure I can remember a more meaningful accomplishment than if Richey, Slawson, and Bothwell finally win this game. They aren't going to let this one get away from them.

UTC got lucky last year. They won't be so fortunate this season.
FU Hoopla, dornb liked this
 #67867  by FurmAlum
 Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:16 pm
Game Plan for Chatty. They will be all over Slawson and Bothwell. Maybe Pegues too. Hien, Foster, Vanderwal, Hughey, and Whitt are going to get some open looks and they need to be ready to take those shots without hesitation. I would expect they cover Williams more closely. Whitt needs to stay in control when he's in there.

On defense get in their face with a lot of backside help and make them work for a shot. Like P91 said, in transition run them to death. After a made basket, get it out quick and run them to death.

Slawson and Hien need to quit the stupid reach in fouls. Hit the offensive boards hard but when Chatty gets the rebound just accept it and get back down the court. You can bet they will try to get our bigs in foul trouble.

I wouldn't be surprised if we spring the press on them when they are not expecting it but I don't think we'll use it too much and hope we don't have to.

All 5 starters have Championship game experience and I'm not sure how many Chatty players are back from last year. I think that will be the difference. We should not expect everything to go perfect but plan on a competitive game to the end.

Did I say make some free throws.

Go Paladins!
FU Hoopla, Roundball, QCGlue and 1 others liked this