• Quarterfinal Games

#67611  by fu77fan
 Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:24 pm
Furman vs Mercer - we cannot take Mercer for granted. I hope that we come to play.

Sammy vs UTC - with Jake Stephens return
(21 points and 10 rebounds tonight against VMI) , I would consider this game a toss up.

UNCG vs Wofford - I would favor UNCG, but I would not be surprised if Wofford pulls an upset.

Western vs ETSU - a toss up in my opinion.

Should be lots of good basketball.

Go Furman !!
apaladin, dornb, Davemeister liked this
 #67612  by apaladin
 Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:34 pm
No reason to take MU lightly, All we could do to beat them at home last week. 3 of their starters played 20 minutes or less tonight, the other 2 only 21 and 26 so no fatigue factor at all. They had a nice warmup tonight which gives them an edge.
 #67619  by purplehorse123
 Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:51 am
On paper I favor we have the biggest advantage over any other team in the other matchups BUT zig you come and aren’t ready to play you may lose. That would be pretty horrific.

We played well in the biggest game of the year last week so I expect the same.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #67699  by fu77fan
 Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:33 pm
Not surprised that UTC beat Sammy.
UTC is a different team with Stephens.
UTC was up by 18 , but then fell behind by 1.
Almost an incredible win by Sammy.
Marshall played great . I think Ques was either hurt or sick in the 2nd half. Sammy will be tough next year with Glover and Marshall.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by cavedweller2

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:42 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.