• 2023 SoCon Basketball Tournament (March 3-6 Asheville)

#65219  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:17 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:06 am
This is a good picture showing how many peeps from Asheville go to the tourney! 😂😂
Indeed it will be on us to help fill it up in March ;)
Last edited by FU Hoopla on Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #65224  by FUBeAR
 Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:08 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:08 am
I know FU will be on Spring Break yet again during tourney, but hopefully the powers that be can come up with some sort of creative ways to get some FU student support up in Asheville.
Really not that hard…

513 rooms right here…

Just make it the Official Lodging for Furman’s Mountain Spring Break and offer complimentary (FU-paid) lodging, meals, and 20 daily hotel drink (sodas/mixers only for those under 21) tickets to the 1st 1,000 students (2/room) that sign up - with the stipulation that they must attend all of Furman’s SoCon Tournament games…and, super bonus…they get CLP Credit for attending each - do something like a series of quick “How Mountain Crafts can Prevent Climate Change” seminars, if needed…for the Ivory Tower peeps to get on board.

Of course provide free Transportation to/from with kegs and/or open bars on the buses.

And…in these days & times, would guess FU would need to provide bowls of free condoms located on the buses, throughout the hotel, and at the arena.

Gotta be creative and think BIG!

This should do it…right?
furpop16, FU Hoopla, QCGlue liked this
 #65226  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:13 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:08 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:08 am
I know FU will be on Spring Break yet again during tourney, but hopefully the powers that be can come up with some sort of creative ways to get some FU student support up in Asheville.
Really not that hard…

513 rooms right here…

Just make it the Official Lodging for Furman’s Mountain Spring Break and offer complimentary (FU-paid) lodging, meals, and 20 daily hotel drink (sodas/mixers only for those under 21) tickets to the 1st 1,000 students (2/room) that sign up - with the stipulation that they must attend all of Furman’s SoCon Tournament games…and, super bonus…they get CLP Credit for attending each - do something like a series of quick “How Mountain Crafts can Prevent Climate Change” seminars, if needed…for the Ivory Tower peeps to get on board.

Of course provide free Transportation to/from with kegs and/or open bars on the buses.

And…in these days & times, would guess FU would need to provide bowls of free condoms located on the buses, throughout the hotel, and at the arena.

Gotta be creative and think BIG!

This should do it…right?

I was thinking along the lines of making sure we bus up whatever sports teams happen to still be on campus that weekend but your idea is much bolder/bigger, I like it :lol: :lol: