• One time offeree news

#63708  by tya1
 Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:45 pm
Angelo Brizzi 6'3" guard from Warrenton, VA has announced he is transferring from Villanova. Brizzi was a former 4 star rated prospect who chose Villanova from about 35-40 offers. One of those offers was from the Paladins, who were one of his earlier offers before the high majors jumped into his recruitment in 2020. In fact, even after some of the offers from prominent schools were coming in he still named the Paladins as one of the top 5 on his list. I think we dropped off after the Virginia, Arizona, Michigans chimed in. When Villanova signed him It wasn't a surprise. He seemed the ideal Jay Wright type of guard. Of course, Wright retired and maybe Brizzi isn't the new guy's type. He is kind of a 2 star athlete with 5 star skills. Excellent shooter and slick ballhandler. He redshirted last year and was getting decent playing time until the past few games.

Reminds me of Mike Bothwell in the videos I've seen. Was a remarkable long range shooter with extreme range.

I have no idea if if is still interested in Furman or if we would even be looking for a transfer. Modern basketball, I guess. He has played eight games as a first year player and is already looking for a new school.
FUBF24 liked this
 #64611  by tya1
 Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:04 pm
In case anyone missed it - Brizzi has announced he is transferring to Davidson. He is enrolling for the Spring semester but won't play until next year.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.