• Bizarre women's game at Coastal Carolina

#62656  by FurmanATT
 Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:04 pm
Coastal's 69-54 win in Conway was exceedingly weird.
Furman outscored the Chants in the 1st, 3rd and 4th quarters but did not score -- repeat, did not score -- in the 2nd quarter. 24-nil.
I don't think I've ever seen the Washington Generals have as bad a period.
I checked on the game at ESPN+ and kept on watching out of strange, morbid fascination more than anything else. 3
Furman got back to within 12 with about 3 minutes left.
Considering that Tate Walters went down with a torn Achilles tendon shortly before the season started, Jackie's team has hung in fairly well, at least, that is, until Furman started the 2nd quarter leading 20-18 and ended it trailing 43-20.
I've seen high school girls teams go scoreless in a quarter but never anything like that. -- MD
 #62859  by FurmanATT
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:33 pm
tim wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:02 am
Bizarre for sure. The trajectory of that whole program seems troubling. 6-4 but the wins seem like cupcakes.
Well, they lost their best returning player, Tate Walters, and another starter, Niveya Henley, before the season started, Walters almost on the eve of the season. It shouldn't be a surprise that they're off to a slow start. Last year, the team started slowly but wound up advancing to the SoCon finals. Tierra Hodges was impossible to replace. I expect they'll get better as the season progresses, but the ceiling is probably quite a bit lower. -- MD

Recent Topics

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.